Those Darn Accordions Message Board

Welcome to the new TDA board! If you want to return to the official TDA website at any time, just click "Return to Website."

Those Darn Accordions Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Tour Dates

Oh, I guess I should have read all the messages before posting, since the Spinal Tap connection was already mentioned.

No Sandwich show?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Tour Dates

I think Shank Hall has a little Spinal Tap shrine set up somewhere in the building. Things were a bit blurry last time I was there. Looking forward to seeing TDA's tour picture on the wall.

The Decatur and Downers Grove festivals sound interesting, providing I can figure out the maze of toll roads to get there. Never been to either fest, but both sound like a good time. Hopefully they will have some of that yummy Goose Island beer on tap.

*Bill In Milwaukee

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tour Dates

There's a really great brewpub in Downer's Grove named Emmett's. It is the second location of what is now three. Really great pale ale, and good other beers. It is at one end of the main drag, so I suspect it will be within staggering distance of the festival.

http://www.emmettstavern.com/

The time I went to Gabe's in Iowa City I was very disappointed by the obnoxious frat boys pushing around on the floor, but maybe they will have gone home for the summer.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tour Dates

Staggering distance would be good! Driving back to Milwaukee after an afternoon of people spilling beer on my shoes probably isn't such a good idea anyway. I'm sure Paul and the gang will be looking for a good spot to stop after the show. Maybe we can talk them into it.

Yeah, I wasn't too sure about the Gabes Oasis show myself. Hard to say how those Iowa folks will react to TDA. Isn't that scary heavy metal band Slipknot from there? Gonna be in Minnesota the night before anyway. Three states in three days might be a bit much.

*Bill In Milwaukee

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tour Dates

Hey fellas, we've had some good shows at Gabe's, the first time being the best. I have some TDA street team recruits spreading the word, so I'm mildly optimistic that we will have a large somewhat sane crowd. It is a Sunday night however, so I'm prepared for a less than stellar turnout. Suzanne went to school at IU, so this is always a bit of a homecoming for her. The load in is brutal, so if you're coming....come early!!