Return to Website

Memories of Bristol England Forum

If you have a question or know the answer to a question listed in this forum, please post it. Thank you! 

This is an easy to use messaging forum for everyone researching their family history or local history. The focus is on the Bristol area. Local Historians and Family Historians have a great deal of knowledge to share. This service is entirely free, with the hope that you and the historian and genealogy community as a whole will benefit from it.

Leave your messages here and come back later for the response.

Memories of Bristol England Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: St Pauls

I am interested in finding out about the Cawley family that lived on Thomas St+St James and also his father that lived at Francis Place, My great grandfather had married Sarah Pulling from West Street and died in 1873 a year after my grandfather William was born,Sarah died in 1877 and my grandfather ended up in he Muller home for 7 years before being returned to his maternal grandmother, Elizabeth Pulling at the Whitson Almhouse, and then my grandfather border the SS Ontario in 1888 with 11 other lads and headed for Canada Is Cawley a common name in Bristol these days? My grandfathers name was Samuel Charles and he had one sister and two brother, Olivia, William and James, just wondering if there are any descendants of that lot, thanks for any assistance, have a good one and be safe out there,