Enlighten Me Free

Welcome.

Housekeeping: As is posted on the EMF Message Board page, this forum is for support, sharing opinions and experiences for those who have left RSE and have doubts and concerns about their tenure there. It is NOT a place for proselytizing for RSE, JZK Inc or Ramtha.  Play nicely or your post will be sent to cyberspace time-out for all eternity. The disclaimer for EMF is located on this page http://enlightenmefree.com/disclaimer.html and all posters agree to the terms of the disclaimer. Be sure you've read it before posting.

You may also want to visit a complementary forum at FACTNet http://www.factnet.org/discus/messages/3/779.html

If you wish to use a Spell Checker, you may wish to use this free one: http://www.jacuba.com/

Want to contact the EMF moderators? Email messageboard@enlightenmefree.com

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The 48 Laws of Power

Hello everyone. I hope you're all well.

While researching Robert T. Kiyosaki, I came across John T. Reed's analysis on the guy and an interesting letter sent in by one of his readers. Check it out because it's relevant to JZ Knight.

“I'm glad I found your website on Kiyosaki, and all the other snake oil salesmen. I was deluding myself into believing him, even though I had that little voice in the back of my mind sending me warning signals (not to mention my wife)... Anyway, thanks for the info. Every once in a while, I do a search on Google and come up with a gem like your website. This is living proof that the Internet can be used for good purposes by people who are TRULY generous. Once again thanks for your work.

A few years ago I read a book by Robert Greene and Joost Elffers called "The 48 Laws of Power" (Viking, 1998). It is a "Machiavellian approach to the systematic study of power." Basically, it is written as a how-to book. It gives the cynical lowdown on increasing and maintaining one's power over others. It is truly an interesting and thought-provoking study in human nature. I thought you might be interested in the following quote, which I feel is particularly apt in describing the power strategy that gurus like Kiyosaki like to follow:

"Law 27 - PLAY ON PEOPLE'S NEED TO BELIEVE TO CREATE A CULTLIKE FOLLOWING. Judgment - People have an overwhelming desire to believe in something. Become the focal point of such desire by offering them a cause, a new faith to follow. Keep your words vague but full of promise; emphasize enthusiasm over rationality and clear thinking.

Give your new disciples rituals to perform, ask them to make sacrifices on your behalf. In the absence of organized religion and grand causes, your new belief system will bring you untold power." (p. 215)

Now, time for a cup of tea.

Re: The 48 Laws of Power

"Give your new disciples rituals to perform... In the absence of organized religion and grand causes, your new belief system will bring you untold power." (p. 215)

omg!
um...from field work, to sitting on your a$$ doing field work (as in Cheating like Audrey did) to "torsion fields" to "the golden egg" (oops- all trademarked
), to the stupid time tiles and godscpopes....
see? I asked...what does the follow -ups bring? a video review of the past year
for a meer $500, and then something
"utterly new! I have GOT to be there" a bit later on.
yeah yeah....