Enlighten Me Free

Welcome.

Housekeeping: As is posted on the EMF Message Board page, this forum is for support, sharing opinions and experiences for those who have left RSE and have doubts and concerns about their tenure there. It is NOT a place for proselytizing for RSE, JZK Inc or Ramtha.  Play nicely or your post will be sent to cyberspace time-out for all eternity. The disclaimer for EMF is located on this page http://enlightenmefree.com/disclaimer.html and all posters agree to the terms of the disclaimer. Be sure you've read it before posting.

You may also want to visit a complementary forum at FACTNet http://www.factnet.org/discus/messages/3/779.html

If you wish to use a Spell Checker, you may wish to use this free one: http://www.jacuba.com/

Want to contact the EMF moderators? Email messageboard@enlightenmefree.com

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
JZ Knight doesn't own the concepts, you can develop them without her

Just wanted to point out with all my criticism of JZ Knight and her school of "enlightenment" that in no way am I slamming the ideas of metaphysics or quantum theory etc. Many of which I believe are valid and exciting to explore.

My main objection to JZ?/Ramtha is that she/he appropriates very beautiful and valid concepts [self created reality, god is everywhere, etc.] and slices them up to serve her/his own agenda of power and control.

Her dismissal of Seth, [the trance personality of Jane Roberts] is indicative of this dynamic.

Jane Roberts outshines JZ on every level. The Seth books are coherent for one and Jane was herself a skeptic and not looking to scam power off of followers, in my opinion. She ran a weekly class for those interested in exploring the concepts in the Seth books for something like 2 bucks a week.

Money is not the issue. People should be paid for their work and Jane was. She made good money from the Seth books but she was not greedy at the expense of her audience.

She did not exploit her audience with fear. Some of the concepts are very close to some of what Ramtha/JZ talks about but minus the fear and indebtedness.

In fact, Jane Roberts [while alive] strongly objected to any "Seth groups" or "Seth school" which she interpreted, correctly so in my view, antithetical to what Seth taught.

Other teachers, similarly, have offered these concepts throughout recorded history.

I think as Joe S has said, it is not the beliefs so much but the behavior.

I hope people realize that when and if they choose to move on from JZ's fear mongering and mind splitting half truth therapy, the concepts that attracted you to her in the first place are available at much lower cost [psychic and financial] from many sources.

Re: JZ Knight doesn't own the concepts, you can develop them without her

Yes, I do see your point but do you think that some beliefs lend themselves perhaps more so than others to out of hand behavior?

As far as Jane Roberts/Seth, I'm not very well informed on that material but the fact that she discouraged groups and schools etc, doesn't have much meaning in my opinion. JZ/ramtha also says that it's not about worshiping 'him' or that there is no right and wrong, all the while putting herself on a pedestal and in effect perpetuating the myth of sin just using other words.

it is an interesting question.

I think beliefs and ideas become dangerous when there is fear of testing them and when the fear of questioning them becomes connected with survival.

I think it is important to be willing to test your assumptions and beliefs without fear of reprisal.

Your astute observation of JZ is very much my point.

She TELLS you not to worship her but everything about BEHAVIOR demands that you do.

It is a fairly classic mind f***

I do think some concepts and ideas are more easily abused than others but these are also some of the most powerful ideas.

The idea of personal freedom and liberty reflected in the constitution, for example. The constitution is being abused and used by those screaming the loudest about freedom.

It is a classic well worn tactic of despots. They hide behind a promise of freedom while tacitly building enslavement.

So to your question, I think yes, often the most powerful ideas are the most readily corruptable because they are often the most complex but easy to express in buzz words and catch phrases.

That is why it is so important to THINK

Regards,

DM

"She TELLS you not to worship her but everything about BEHAVIOR demands that you do."

this is SOOOO true.
In all the audiences I have ever encountered, not ONCE has "R" ever said
one flaw about "his channel".
I found this odd.
"he" can rip everyone else a new one,
but the channel is above reproach.

Pullleeeze.....

I like your interpretation *denotes. Interesting point about the powerful concepts being the ones most easily corruptible. I have to ponder that one for a while.

Tree, I do remember one time a looooong time ago (and this is actually hearsay because I wasn't there but heard from others who were) that apparently ramtha said that JZ was 'the leaf' rather than 'the tree'. Meaning that she is blown to a fro in the wind like a leaf rather than standing firm like a tree (I think that's what it was supposed to mean anyway). Of course, since then there has only been 'improvement' on her part according to 'him'.

I heard "Ramtha" say, "The channel does not wear swimsuits because she thinks she is too old."

Does that count?