Return to Website

Memories of Bristol England Forum

If you have a question or know the answer to a question listed in this forum, please post it. Thank you! 

This is an easy to use messaging forum for everyone researching their family history or local history. The focus is on the Bristol area. Local Historians and Family Historians have a great deal of knowledge to share. This service is entirely free, with the hope that you and the historian and genealogy community as a whole will benefit from it.

Leave your messages here and come back later for the response.

Memories of Bristol England Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Arthur George Peacock born hanham 1914

hi

would any one know of arthur george peacock born 16/ 8 / 1914 .

son of emily peacock they lived in hanham , after arthur was born i could not find any more details of him ie for a marriage or a death or going abroad ,
i am thinking maybe he might of been put up for adoption ??

any info most welcome

thanks marg

Re: Arthur George Peacock born hanham 1914

I realise that your message regarding Arthur George Peacock is a few months old & you may have your answer, but there is a record of an Arthur Peacock aged 14 sailing to Quebec Canada on 19th April 1929. His last known address is shown as c/o Dr Barnado's Home, London. The ship was the Duchess of York. There were 25 boys who all appear to being going out to work on farms & show their intended permanent intended residence as Canada. It appears they were travelling with a Mr Ernest Young aged 62 who also says he is c/o Dr Barnados Homes, 18 Stepney Causeway, London. His future intended res' is England, so he would be coming back.

Hope that may help.

Karen