Return to Website

Memories of Bristol England Forum

If you have a question or know the answer to a question listed in this forum, please post it. Thank you! 

This is an easy to use messaging forum for everyone researching their family history or local history. The focus is on the Bristol area. Local Historians and Family Historians have a great deal of knowledge to share. This service is entirely free, with the hope that you and the historian and genealogy community as a whole will benefit from it.

Leave your messages here and come back later for the response.

Memories of Bristol England Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Match Factory Dove Lane Redfield Bristol

Hello,my name is Elaine Smith.I live in Western Australia,but was born in Bristol.I'am researching my family tree and was wondering if you could help me.My Grandmother's name was Alice Izetta Balsom,her parent's were Ernest Balsom and Harriet Izetta Mountain.Some time in the 1800's the Balsom family had connection's with the Match Factory in Dove Lane Bristol.

My Greatgrand Parents lived in 3 Moorfield's Lane,later known as Dove Lane.What I would like to try and find out is,was some one from the Balsom family the owner's and what is the history of the Match Factory.I have tried to find this information on the internet,but have come up with nothing.I do know that some member's of the Balsom family did work as match packer's.Any information or advice you can give me on the Match Factory would be greatly appreciated.Thank you.Yours sincerely Elaine Smith