Return to Website

Memories of Bristol England Forum

If you have a question or know the answer to a question listed in this forum, please post it. Thank you! 

This is an easy to use messaging forum for everyone researching their family history or local history. The focus is on the Bristol area. Local Historians and Family Historians have a great deal of knowledge to share. This service is entirely free, with the hope that you and the historian and genealogy community as a whole will benefit from it.

Leave your messages here and come back later for the response.

Memories of Bristol England Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Murder - Keynsham

Hi, I wonder if someone out there can help me.
When I was young, in the sixties, I lived in a house in Temple Street, Keynsham, that had a certain feel about it. If it was in a fim it would definitely be one of those classed as evil as it seemed to be the setting for bad luck. People (adults) did not like visiting and there was a certain something, a sense of 'Red' in one of the rooms. The only connection I can make is that perhaps there had been an accident or even a murder in that room that had left something behind. Unfortunately I don't know where I can get such information to check.

If anyone knows of anyone or any source that I can check to see if my feelings are correct I would be very grateful if you could give me details.

The house was one of the cottages in Temple Street that were, sadly, demolished in the late 60s (I believe).

Thanks in advance. Trevor

Re: Murder - Keynsham

Hi Trevor in the late 70's or earlier 80's I used to visit reflections hairdressers in the rank of shops just below the firestaion- one afternoon when I was in there the door blew open for no apparent reason - we all laughed about it saying it was a ghost then they told me that apparantley a lady came into the shop in a red coat all in the shop were very busy and it was a couple of mins before they coudl deal with her - they noticed she had disappeared suddenly there were two entrances to the shop and no one had seen her go out of eithier entrance is this the side of Temple street your are referring to

jo.....]

Re: Murder - Keynsham

Hi Jo,

Thanks for responding, that does sound promising. The name reflections is familiar but I can't quite place where it was. I left the location vague hoping that someone would confirm it independently. I think reflections was towards the High Street from where I lived. I lived at no 82 which is now demolished and has been replaced by, I think, Tamsin Court. In fact you can still see one of our old garden walls still standing between the houses. I think it was residential this end and that reflections must have been up nearer the fire station. Incidently, I was born in what is now The Beauty Box and I believe that that might have some 'guests' as well.
I would be really grateful for any other incidents that you may think of either as relevant or just interesting.
I don't know if you are old enough to remember Temple Street as it was (and should still be) I can just about, if only the late sixties hadn't happened, what character Keynsham would have now.

Trevor