Return to Website

Memories of Bristol England Forum

If you have a question or know the answer to a question listed in this forum, please post it. Thank you! 

This is an easy to use messaging forum for everyone researching their family history or local history. The focus is on the Bristol area. Local Historians and Family Historians have a great deal of knowledge to share. This service is entirely free, with the hope that you and the historian and genealogy community as a whole will benefit from it.

Leave your messages here and come back later for the response.

Memories of Bristol England Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Dutch House

Hello

Earlier last year I had the idea of drumming up support (from locals, businesses and the local council) for the rebuilding of the Dutch House.

This to many would seem a pipe dream, one that could never be realized. But I would say "why?", "why would it be so impossible to bring back one of Bristols most loved buildings?"

I think it would be fitting to have an exact working replica of the Dutch House, and as I just read the development of the original site is up for development soon, rebuilt on its' original site.

It is a dream I know, but dreams can be realized if enough conviction, peoples desire and agreements are met.

I would like to know what other Bristolians think of this idea. I'm not going to start writing letters to the council or businesses, or druming up a petition just yet. I just think it would be a smart move by the planning authorities and capital investors to bring back what is so missed. And to give something back that is substantially historic to todays over-modernization of this part of Bristol.