Return to Website

Memories of Bristol England Forum

If you have a question or know the answer to a question listed in this forum, please post it. Thank you! 

This is an easy to use messaging forum for everyone researching their family history or local history. The focus is on the Bristol area. Local Historians and Family Historians have a great deal of knowledge to share. This service is entirely free, with the hope that you and the historian and genealogy community as a whole will benefit from it.

Leave your messages here and come back later for the response.

Memories of Bristol England Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Gill and Yarnell Family Genealogy of Philadelphia Street

Might someone know of any Gill and/or Yarnell family ancestry? My grandfather was born in St. Paul's parish in 1858 (James Gill) (He had 2 or possibly 3 other siblings - Thirza Gill born 1879 and Ted Gill - no info and a Grace Gill I believe died at birth or soon thereafter. James Gill's mother was Grace Elizabeth Gill (formerly Yarnell). She was also born in St. Paul's parish in 1838 and died in 1877. i'd like to find where her side of the family came from. At the time of my grandfather's birth, they lived at 30 Philadelphia Street. I have no information on James Gill (same name as my grandfather) I'm also curious about Philadelphia Street. My great grandfather was a laborer/baker as listed on my grandfather's birth certificate. If anyone can shed some light, many thanks in advance. Great site that I discovered! Labor of love it is. Thanks again. Annie