Return to Website

Memories of Bristol England Forum

If you have a question or know the answer to a question listed in this forum, please post it. Thank you! 

This is an easy to use messaging forum for everyone researching their family history or local history. The focus is on the Bristol area. Local Historians and Family Historians have a great deal of knowledge to share. This service is entirely free, with the hope that you and the historian and genealogy community as a whole will benefit from it.

Leave your messages here and come back later for the response.

Memories of Bristol England Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Genealogy - Davis & Slade families of Bristol

I'm looking for any relatives of Richard Davis born 1897 in the centre of Bristol. He was one of 13 children. His parents were William & Lydia. This address from 1925, 17 Duke St, King Square, Bristol is related to the Davis family.

My Grandma was one of his sisters, Sarah Jane Davis born 1880 of 5 Montague St, Bristol,who married Charles Slade.

Sarah Slade had her own milliner shop in Lower Union St., know as 'Madam Slade's' from the early part of the 20th centry up to her retirement in 1953.

I have traced both families back over the centuries but so far I have been unable to find a living relatives of the Davis family....Any of you out there?

I would love to hear from you.

Regards...Teresa