Return to Website

Memories of Bristol England Forum

If you have a question or know the answer to a question listed in this forum, please post it. Thank you! 

This is an easy to use messaging forum for everyone researching their family history or local history. The focus is on the Bristol area. Local Historians and Family Historians have a great deal of knowledge to share. This service is entirely free, with the hope that you and the historian and genealogy community as a whole will benefit from it.

Leave your messages here and come back later for the response.

Memories of Bristol England Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lennards 1962 article

Having read the wonderful article on the founding of the Lennards Ltd Footwear company from 1962 and their original trading name of Public benefit Boot Company- I beg to ****** the name Barry Lennard being named as one of the founding members? Having written a book- entitled 'Well Heeled' the story of the Public Benefit Boot Company and Lennards our researches have been extensive and much of the history of Lennards is included in the book as well the original Public Benefit Boot Company founded here in Hull in 1875 which later became Benefit Footwear. To be honest I never ever came across a Barry Lennard during the whole of the researches- we came across a Henry Lennard who manaed the High street shop in Bristol during the 1880's. All of this is in the book published by Phillimore and co and is on the website if you should need further details.
Otherwise I found the article very useful and informative
Cheers
Dave