Return to Website

Memories of Bristol England Forum

If you have a question or know the answer to a question listed in this forum, please post it. Thank you! 

This is an easy to use messaging forum for everyone researching their family history or local history. The focus is on the Bristol area. Local Historians and Family Historians have a great deal of knowledge to share. This service is entirely free, with the hope that you and the historian and genealogy community as a whole will benefit from it.

Leave your messages here and come back later for the response.

Memories of Bristol England Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thomas Woodyatt, Baker

Can anyone help me with my family history please. My G.G.G.G. Grandfather was Thomas Woodyatt. His children appear to have been baptised in the Church of St. James, Bristol. On their records his occupation is given as 'Baker'. Also on his son Simon's marriage records. Which would mean he was a Baker in Bristol between 1817 and 1842 so there must be some record somewhere. There is a Thomas Woodyatt on the 1841 Census living at Glorster Lane - it could possibly have been a boarding house as there were several others living there - his occupation is given as 'Baker' so probably the same person. Does anyone know where Glorster Lane is or was and any clues as to where I could find any record of Thomas's business as a 'Baker' in Bristol please.
Many thanks