Forum for the fans of Karita Mattila

Welcome to the Message Forum! You can write here messages, questions, comments etc. on Karita Mattila. I will try to find answers as soon as possible.

Forum for the fans of Karita Mattila
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: News

Hi,

Yes, she sang Kundry in a concert version twice in Turku. I was just thinking of her doing it on stage...And yes, now I remember her talking about those 2 roles....Time will tell!

Jarkko,

It just occurred to me that Karita has also mentioned that she'd sing Klytämnestra in Strauss' Elektra in the near future. Could this be one of the new roles next season?

I don't really believe in that Minnie anymore... even if I would have loved to experience it.
Klytàmnestra, Ortrud, Kabanisha (?) and even the old countess in Pique Dame come to mind.
And Kundry and Judith , of course.
Elina Makropoulos will happen at Covent Garden in 2020, I read.

Hi all,

It will be interesting whichever role she will take!! I could ask her about the roles next time I see her, but usually she can tell me the ones that are official information. But we'll see!

Br,

Jarkko

Hi,

Karita has informed that her other 2 new roles this year will be Ortrud in Lohengrin and Kabanicha in Kát'a Kabanová (in Berlin).

Just wanted to share this piece of news.

Regards,

Jarkko

I also found this: https://www.verbierfestival.com/en/concert/lun-29-juillet-19h00/ Karita will sing Duparc, Brahms and Strauss at the Verbier Festival, Switzerland on 29th July 2019. If I understood correctly, her pianist will be Evgeny Kissin! At least Mr Kissin is performing with Leonidas Kavakos in the same concert. If that's the partnership for Karita's Lieder, it will be the Earth moving.