Please do not use any bad language, or insult or threaten anyone else in here, or I will erase your message and probably even ban you from using this board or my guestbook. Thanks for logging on and for supporting Ojinaga.com!!
MEXICAN MILAGROS RELIGIOUS CHARMS

Welcome to our message board

Return to Website

PRESIDIO and OJINAGA FORUM

Welcome to our Presidio/Ojinaga forum.  Please feel free to use it for any questions or messages related to our area (Other messages will be deleted.).  For further useful information go to presidiotex.com, ojinaga.com,  ojinaga.com.mx or presidiotx.com.  Enjoy!

PRESIDIO and OJINAGA FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Our trip to Southwest Texas

I remember before the developers came to Lajitas when there was only one store--owned by Ben English who was primarily a wax broker.

I liked Lajitas the way it was. Developers try to make a place something it isn't and ruin it in the process. They ruined Shafter (for a while) with a tourist developemnt and they finally went broke and Shafter looks better. (Did we really need to be told on a large sign that Shafter is a "ghost town?") Needless to say, I am not a tourist gawker and I can tell when something is genuine and when it is "Hollywoodized."

I'm glad you enjoyed your time in Presidio. The one thing I proudly say about my town is that it's real. I don't wish Lajitas any ill, but they need to focus on what's real. We don't need them to go belly-up, but I'm with you on several areas where Lajitas could use improvement. Let's hope things get better for them.

Back to Presidio. Looking for an art gallery? Nope, not here. But how about the gallery which is the beautiful scenery surrounding the Presidio/Ojinaga area. Additionally, we do have our own Arts Festival in late March each year, and it's always a good time.

How about fancy cuisine? Strike two! Most of the local eateries serve up standard Mexican fare, after all--this is the border.

I think you get my gist... Presidio doesn't toot it's own horn much, but it's a pretty good place to just be yourself, kick back, and soak it all in.

Most people who come to Presidio feel very strongly that they like it or dislike it. No mall, McDonald's, or Walmart--you decide if that's a plus or minus. About the only thing that I'm not happy about is that you now have to have the passport card to cross the border, and that's going to put a dent in tourist traffic into Ojinaga. Oh well, what can I say or do that would change that reality?

Have a great day and we look forward to having you visit us again soon!

where the hell is 'lajitus'? i know of an ugly horrible yuk! place called lajitas, but never of the otherone