Please do not use any bad language, or insult or threaten anyone else in here, or I will erase your message and probably even ban you from using this board or my guestbook. Thanks for logging on and for supporting Ojinaga.com!!
MEXICAN MILAGROS RELIGIOUS CHARMS

Welcome to our message board

Return to Website

PRESIDIO and OJINAGA FORUM

Welcome to our Presidio/Ojinaga forum.  Please feel free to use it for any questions or messages related to our area (Other messages will be deleted.).  For further useful information go to presidiotex.com, ojinaga.com,  ojinaga.com.mx or presidiotx.com.  Enjoy!

PRESIDIO and OJINAGA FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
things to do around Presidio

Davis Mt State park has excellent camping,
-AND- the Lodge with a nice restaurant.

some 5mi S. of Marathon is a county-park
"Post Park", a quiet restful place with a
spring-fed pond.

The historic cemetery on the S. side of Shafter
is an interesting visit.

The drive from FtDavis up to Balmorhea is
very scenic with some pretty Grand views...

A visit to Peguis Canyon (25mi W. of OJ)
is worth the drive.

the LaborDay OpenHouse at Cibola Creek Ranch was
an interesting afternoon...

and pleasant Fri evenings in Alpine can be
lubricated with a few beers... to take-in
the local activities...

http://www.BigBendGazette.com/
http://www.AlpineAvalanche.com/

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hi Debra,
Let's see...I have already mentioned the Marfa lights, there is almost always something art or music related going on in Alpine, the Chisos mts in Big Bend are great for hiking if you like to do that and the cabins there are wonderful, also in Big Bend Santa Elena Canyon is quite impressive, if you enjoy the water Balmorhea is a great place but you don't have to get into the water to enjoy it, again nice cabins there, and there are things to do in Ojinaga but I haven't explored there much yet, just a couple of restaurants, McDonald Observatory has tours and star parties, and I just like to drive through the mountains of FtDavis, there is a "loop" you can make that goes by the observatory that is beautiful scenery, the Gage Hotel in Marathon has a history, Fort Leaton is also a historic stop....