Please do not use any bad language, or insult or threaten anyone else in here, or I will erase your message and probably even ban you from using this board or my guestbook. Thanks for logging on and for supporting Ojinaga.com!!
MEXICAN MILAGROS RELIGIOUS CHARMS

Welcome to our message board

Return to Website

PRESIDIO and OJINAGA FORUM

Welcome to our Presidio/Ojinaga forum.  Please feel free to use it for any questions or messages related to our area (Other messages will be deleted.).  For further useful information go to presidiotex.com, ojinaga.com,  ojinaga.com.mx or presidiotx.com.  Enjoy!

PRESIDIO and OJINAGA FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
CONCHO INDIANS

I have researched my family all the way back to abt. 1734 San Lucas, Chihuahua Mexico where I have found some my ancestors being Concho Indians,, I have never heard of Concho Indians, I know that Concho means Shell in Spanish and they were possibly named this after the Concho River and the mussel shells the Concho river was named after by the Spanish and since I am informed Concho is a Spanish word I am wondering what their true name was. I have read that they assimilated into the Jumano Tribes,, I have also read there was a tribe called Concho Apaches, if anyone has any information please feel free to email me. My ancestors given family names with the Concho connection is Rodriquez, Montes, Chavarria, possibly Jurado,

Montes

Re: CONCHO INDIANS

I noticed the name Concho Indians and realized that they are from the same area of what I beleive are my decendents the Jumano Indians, who before the Spanish came were all called the Plains Indians(with lots of diferent tribes each having a name). I also am interrested in this area and as I search I will watch out for the last names that you mentioned. The family names that I'm searching for are, Bustamante and Rede from Presidio, TX. Just recently I have added the Valdez name. Felicita Valdez is my great-great- grandmother. There may or may not be a connection, just fishing. Good Luck
Adela