Trim Homepage Forum

This forum is for any questions you may have about Trim.

You can view more of my photographs on my business website :
(More information and links to my Wedding Photographer Dublin, and Photography Information)

or visit my Professional Headshot Site
​​​​​​​

or my general photography site

Trim Homepage Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Anthony J. Malone

Does anybody know anything about the family of Anthony J. Malone who was a Solicitor on Market St. about 20 years ago and more? I know that his ancestors were long time residents of Trim (his father, Laurence, was an Auctioneer and Valuer on Market St., and his grandfather a Shopkeeper before that), and I'm hoping that maybe we have a common ancestor back in the mid-1800's. I'm sure Anthony is no longer with us, but perhaps he had some children who still live in the area.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Tom, from San Diego

Re: Anthony J. Malone

He was friend of my fathers but I know very little about him. Your best bet would be to write to his business partner Jim Martin,
Malone and Martin
Marketst.
Trim
Co. Meath

As you can see the firm still bears his name - best of luck

Re: Anthony J. Malone

Hi Tom,Thanks for the info you sent me.I have looked at the parish records for Summerhill on microflm and wrote down all the births,deaths & marriages for the Malones between 1813 & 1880.If you want any lookups please let me know.Have you looked at the Historical Directories for Trim.In Pigots Directory for 1824 it shows a Laurence Malone as a Leather Seller.In Slaters Directory for 1846 it shows Marcella Malone as Grocer,Ironmonger & Hardware.I beleive Laurence & Marcella were married.Her maiden name was Martin.If you look at this website www.irelandoldnews.com/Cork/1881/Nov.html it shows her death at the age of 91 at her sons house in Trim.I hope this has been of some help .Regards Peter