Trim Homepage Forum

This forum is for any questions you may have about Trim.

You can view more of my photographs on my business website :
(More information and links to my Wedding Photographer Dublin, and Photography Information)

or visit my Professional Headshot Site
​​​​​​​

or my general photography site

Trim Homepage Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
KELLY & BANNON

I am looking for information on my Greats...John KELLY married Catherine (Kate) BANNON about 1871 in Trim, County Meath. I found the entry in a book in the NJ (USA) Archives on Irish Marriages & the names matched. I rented a LDS FHL film for the church records... The film was unreadable in parts, (probably the part I need). However, I did find the baptism of their first born, Michael KELLY, born April 1872.

John, Kate & Michael came to US in 1873 according to the 1880 US Census. Unfortunately, Michael was killed at 18 years while hopping a ride from Jersey City to NYC on a train, falling under the wheels. He worked for the railroad, as did his father.

John KELLY's parents were Arthur KELLY & Alice, last name unknown. Don't know if they were from Meath or just Kate BANNON.

While looking thru the church records I came across a few other BANNON's...possibly her parents were John BANNON & Bridget KING, but I have not proven that yet.

Are there any BANNON's in Trim area left? If someone could look up in the phone book any BANNON's, and the phone # & address I'd really appreciate it.

Now, do I send to Dublin for the marriage record of John & Kate Bannon KELLY or should I go thru the Meath Heritage center, or contact the churches? I have read where people weren't too satisfied with the center's results....not sure if it has improved or if it was just someone who didn't get what they expected? Any comments?

I appreciate any help on this I can get.

Blessings...

Jeanine

Re: KELLY & BANNON

Just incase you didn't get any replies to your questions, we got alot of help from the church (St. Patrick's) in Trim and what they couldn't help with we went to Dublin, which has ALOT of records--watch out for the spellings-they so change!!! Good luck.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I am looking for information on my Greats...John KELLY married Catherine (Kate) BANNON about 1871 in Trim, County Meath. I found the entry in a book in the NJ (USA) Archives on Irish Marriages & the names matched. I rented a LDS FHL film for the church records... The film was unreadable in parts, (probably the part I need). However, I did find the baptism of their first born, Michael KELLY, born April 1872.

John, Kate & Michael came to US in 1873 according to the 1880 US Census. Unfortunately, Michael was killed at 18 years while hopping a ride from Jersey City to NYC on a train, falling under the wheels. He worked for the railroad, as did his father.

John KELLY's parents were Arthur KELLY & Alice, last name unknown. Don't know if they were from Meath or just Kate BANNON.

While looking thru the church records I came across a few other BANNON's...possibly her parents were John BANNON & Bridget KING, but I have not proven that yet.

Are there any BANNON's in Trim area left? If someone could look up in the phone book any BANNON's, and the phone # & address I'd really appreciate it.

Now, do I send to Dublin for the marriage record of John & Kate Bannon KELLY or should I go thru the Meath Heritage center, or contact the churches? I have read where people weren't too satisfied with the center's results....not sure if it has improved or if it was just someone who didn't get what they expected? Any comments?

Blessings...

Jeanine

Re: Re: KELLY & BANNON

Thanks so much for your reply, I appreciate it.

Blessings,

Jeanine

Replying to:

Just incase you didn't get any replies to your questions, we got alot of help from the church (St. Patrick's) in Trim and what they couldn't help with we went to Dublin, which has ALOT of records--watch out for the spellings-they so change!!! Good luck.

Replying to:

Blessings...

Jeanine