Trim Homepage Forum

This forum is for any questions you may have about Trim.

You can view more of my photographs on my business website :
(More information and links to my Wedding Photographer Dublin, and Photography Information)

or visit my Professional Headshot Site
​​​​​​​

or my general photography site

Trim Homepage Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Any other Trims out there??

Hey guys,

My last name is Trim and I learnt over the christmas break I was from Ireland. I don't know much about my grandparents and great grandparenets....maybe you guys could give me some insight on where my name originated and if there are any more Trims over there. I'm just really interested in where my blood came from.

Anyways, taker easy...

-Ryan from Canada. Eh!

Re: Any other Trims out there??

gday ryan i am from australia surname of trim and i have a brother RYAN scarey hey my father comes from london not sure any further back but have also been told that we are from ireland

Hola yo soy German Trim de argentina y segun tengo entendido mis descendientes son de irlanda y desde ahi viajaron a Canada. me gustaria tener mas contacto para ver si hay mas trim en el mundo

Saludos Germán

Hello,

You may have noticed that my last name has a second 'M'. My paternal great-grandfather added the extra 'M' to his name, not sure why. My uncle did a geneology of the Trimm family and we hailed back from Trim Ireland many generations ago. There are numerous Trimm's found in the southeast part of the United States (where my ancestors emigrated to). I, myself lived in the state of Florida for a good while but now reside in the Pacific Northwest portion of the U.S. Interestingly, the weather in the Pacific Northwest is much like that in Ireland, probably why I like it out here.

we were dbl m but my grandfather dropped one when he emigrated to australia i have been told that the mm is a female descendant and one m being the male
or the other way around cant quite remember i have had my history traced and have put away somewhere i will have to find it

Hello Ryan,
My maiden name is Trim. I am from Mississippi, USA. There are several of "us" here. Our family has been traced back to two brothers who came over from Ireland in the late 1700s.
I hope to make a trip to Ireland someday. I've heard it's beautiful!

my maiden name is Trimm, and my ancestral Irish name was de Lacey before my ancestors moved to America and had to change it (back in the 1800's). back then (during the famine), the influx to America of Irish families was so great (and also anti-Irish sentiments in areas of the country), the government required many Irish families to "Americanize" their names. so, in my family's case, de Lacey became Trim, and then a few generations down the line, became Trimm. why the extra "m"? who knows for sure, but I think most likely it was a mis-spelling on a birth certificate that never got corrected.

anyway, would love to hear from any de Laceys still living in Trim. I know we'd be cousins god-knows-how-many times removed, but it would still be interesting. (and I'd get a one-up on my little sister, who is VERY proud of her Irish heritage.......the whole family is proud, but she takes the cake!)

oh, and one more thing.........there's a Trim(m) geneology page at this address:

http://genforum.genealogy.com/trimm/

might see a few names you recognize there, but there hasn't been a whole lot of activity on that page recently. but who knows what you'll find until you try it, right?

take care!

Hi. Ryan : Yes , many of us here in Canada as well as England .

I have researched back to 1701 in West Stour , Dorset , England It's a very addictive hobby , willing to share ( As a Trim - NO CHARGE )

Oshawa , Ontario