Enlighten Me Free

Welcome.

Housekeeping: As is posted on the EMF Message Board page, this forum is for support, sharing opinions and experiences for those who have left RSE and have doubts and concerns about their tenure there. It is NOT a place for proselytizing for RSE, JZK Inc or Ramtha.  Play nicely or your post will be sent to cyberspace time-out for all eternity. The disclaimer for EMF is located on this page http://enlightenmefree.com/disclaimer.html and all posters agree to the terms of the disclaimer. Be sure you've read it before posting.

You may also want to visit a complementary forum at FACTNet http://www.factnet.org/discus/messages/3/779.html

If you wish to use a Spell Checker, you may wish to use this free one: http://www.jacuba.com/

Want to contact the EMF moderators? Email messageboard@enlightenmefree.com

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Suspension of Disbelief

Dear Christel,

Thanks for your sharing on the perspective of one whom the message reached you 'down unda'. You captured the 'romantic' period of the school very well.

The initial words (teachings?) in books, dialogues and audiences were indeed (sheesh, hard to even use that word anymore, haha)... about tolerance, love, loving-yourself-into-(a greater)life experience. About forgiveness, and then the fortune telling portion came about.

The members of the audience began to ask questions about everything under the sun, the earth, history, the future, characters, legends, myths, locations of ancient religious relics, and even had the chance to 'hear' from Jesus himself -- once.

In entertainment and the theatre, as you likely know, they call it the "suspension of disbelief". The desire of those attending entertainment in the fine arts (a book, a live stage performance, theatre, movies, the news) to suspend their normal awareness and acceptance of life, and allow themselves to be entertained. To the degree one does this, and the skill of the production or actors, one can vicariously experience all manner of emotion, and have an emotional/physiological association & reaction to what is being presented.

When it is fun, light-hearted, or helps one reinforce their long-held beliefs and preferential ways in which they choose to process experiences and events in life, it can be delightful, reassuring and even pscyhologically beneficial.

Just like in the choice in movies when going to a theatre, however, there are all manner of sci-fi (aliens, cataclysmic disasters), dramas, romantic comedies, adventures, horror, etc. The only difference is, when paying big-ticket prices for the events, one began to experience unknown genre of entertainment. It was no longer the image of a loving being addressing and helping those in the audience, it began to become contradictory.

At first, in the suspension of disbelief, the errors or contradictions temporarily disrupted the show, like a cell phone or noise from an audience member might. But in time, can you imagine what would happen to your theatre-going experience if you went from regional to global cultures, and forced, or offered all attending to down large cups of wine, or bottles of wine and then watch the show?

Running blindfolded at each other in the field, hearing the crying and shouts of those jabbed with fingers or elbows or trampled over by the stampede of hiking boots sort of ruined the mood too. Or watching those souls seeking healthing to their terminal diseases, including one called aging, vomitting all over the place, or go into diebetic reactions or worse, was sort of distracting.

The attitude is everything era, complete with Nike's banner hung behind the master of music guarded sound panels, began to bridge from the representation, or alleged clarification of all manner of spiritualist, occult, metaphysical texts.

Then there was the increasing infusion of movie soundtracks becoming part of the modified "guided meditation" with hyperventilated breathing era.

The other word that comes to mind is Conditioning.
These didn't happen all at once. Eventually one was introduced to experiences that under the guise of becoming beyond the beginning level, were ádvanced.

The era in which the rse was attended (the 80's-90's) had ufo sightings, new age metaphysics, crystals, yoga, meditation, fortune telling, mediums, the age of aquarius, the popularity of movies like E.T., Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind, and hollywood astrologers, psychics, spoon-benders, magicians/illusionists, reports of cover ups, and all manner of books and stories of people experiencing some type of 'sighting' and some more. This was not from the school -- this was in the movies, bookstores, and television. This was the environment under which those looking for explanations, answers, the truth about the unknown was waiting for those to step forward and let everyone know.

IT was also in the era as the post 60's (anti establishment) era when the hippies of yore, also transformed and became the very thing and then some that they protested against. Companies, corporations, stocks, bonds, capitolism, real estate, MLM's, and what was seemingly the end of the era of the hope of working for companies/corporations most of your life. The change in domestic (US owned) companies, utility companies, businesses into international investment, buy-outs, and then the outsourcing of jobs.

All these things are relevant to this question, because they helped create the NEED and INTEREST to seek out, or begin searching for what was going on. This was in addition to the philosophical questions of life: Who am I? Why Am I here? IS there a God? What is my relation to God? Do I have a purpose? Have I lived before? What happens when I die? What are ghosts? Is there life on other planets? (Billions and Billions of planets from Carl Sagan).

Then, the re-popularization of spiritualist, metaphysical texts. It was fun, it was entertaining, and then mediums, renamed channelers, trance channelers, started popping up everywhere.

The astrological charts, bio=rhytms, numerology, pscyhic readings, tarot cards, runes, shamanistic, medicine men.

Then, the public association of where/how the pharmaceutical companies (aka "accepted medicine") got their ideas for healing medications came from...
HERBS! Botanicals! Folk remedies.

As far as the ranch, there were eras. When the promises, prophecies, expectations of a few thousand paying audience members were not met, and their investment into horses, tonics, etc didn't work... many left... some stayed... New era... they came and left. Always the beginners were the "brightest and best yet"

Third thought: Boredom.

So what do people do when they are have lived/been brought up and lived thru the 40's (war) 50's, 60's 70's, 80's do when they have lived the life of the caterpillar? (They have gone to school, left school, graduated, gotten jobs, been married, some divorced, had kids) Their loyalty and dedication to their employer, their profession, even some disgruntled with their country post wars, military service, loss of loved ones, friends, do?

Many didn't find solace or answers in their education, their churches, and the more educated or classes they took, even scientists and engineers, they still were seeking something? Boredom? Routine? Restless minds?

An illusionist, magician used to know to perform their illusions only rarely, and to different audiences, lest the secret of how the illusion was performed be suspected and deduced.

In the suspension of disbelief, it didn't and doesn't matter if you know it is not real, and only entertainment, it still does provide something for hour(s), days, weeks, (in case of groups) months/years/decades...

The Catch: In order to achieve maximum entertainment and illusion, everyone has to agree to be entertained, and suspend their reasoning mind, and be allow themselves to be entertained, hypnotized, willing to pretend together...

No different than early childhood play and fantasies among neighborhood kids.

There no debating the truth of Santa Claus to young children, the older kids with more experience, age, start telling the younger ones the truth at some point, and then the magic illusion is either over, or the attitude of being part of the illusion (helping or becoming Santa for younger brothers and sisters)can be fun.

We don't see all manner of 12-step programs or support groups for children who were "lied/misled" to about the existence of Santa Claus, Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy, and no one is suing parents for ruining their lives based on untruths.

This is the same, only it costs a lot more money, it can and does effect the lives and careers of attendees IF they really start to believe that the fun and entertainment was the REAL messiah.

Like anything repetitious, you can eventually get people and animals to behave, and believe in the reality of their environment, culture, superstitions, beliefs (explanations for nature, the unknown, the unexpected and unexplainable) provided that no insiders come in, and are kept secret/sacred.

Yet, many here did believe. And all here either believed or cared about someone who attended or believed in something that changed or devolved into something more than entertainment, philosophy, a religion or spiritual experience into the antithesis of what they originally were drawn to...
That they were not alone, they were special. That no matter what circumstances, events, experiences they had, everything was purposeful, and they were evolving children of God. That an unseen brotherhood was watching over them and helping them grow. A divine presence and purpose was within them, and all they needed to do was learn how to cultivate the garden, to turn on, develop the endocrine system and allow the brain to function to it's full potential. That miracles were possible, but nothing more than a better understanding of solid science and principles, when, rightly understood, followed and practiced, would heal the body, allow rejuvination of the body, mind, and the awareness that unbelievably you created your perception, and eventually all of reality around you by your thoughts, feelings, attitude, focus. That thoughts held in mind, created the illusion of the dimensional life around you. Change your thoughts, you change your life. Focus upon wealth, fortune, health, your soul-mate, love, was all that you needed* *when these things didn't happen, it was either because you were unable to focus, not dedicated or because the resulting experience had to be experienced FIRST (poverty) before great wealth.
And in the words of Forrest Gump,
"that is all I have to say 'bout that"

Happy New Year!

See&E

Re: Disintegration into the Altered Ego

Faith and Science are two completely different animals.

I had faith in my sister turns out I was wrong. I could not measure or prove how she would behave, but, I did have faith.

RSE clouds the issue of spirituality and science.
Quantumphysics which is a legitimate branch of physics has no place in arguments or discussions regarding spirituality which is faith based. Spiritually is based upon hope. You cannot measure hope.

Sure I have hold a great deal of faith. But I don't expect a miracle anytime soon and I sure won't go down the rabbithole of Quantumspirituality to try to find it or prove it or defend it.

magpi- the question was directed at me, right?

I was in rse for 8, in Yelm for 10, years - attending events from 1993 until 2001. I was looking for 'true' happiness, total fulfilment from within, mastering myself/my emotions, becoming totally free from dependence on others for anything physically or emotionally. I was never particularly interested in obe's of even remote view. I did like the idea of having an influence on reality thru focus such as making cards, c&e, etc.

If you want my current take, I feel that what I was looking for was ultimately unattainable. Not completely without merit, just impossible to achieve from the angle I was going at it. Of course, with that comes the guilt of never being good enough and becoming more and more dependent on 'the teacher' for answers to all the inconsistencies. Thankfully, I came to my senses and am in a much happier and stable, even if not 'perfect' (by my former standards) place in my life.

littlewiseone,
We all had our reasons. I can honestly say that I never quite "accepted" it. The teachings I was interested in. But could never accept the contradictions. I did come out of believing in myself. Nor would I trade the field or tank experience.
I wasn't there when people did paradise beach. Or, long hours in the field. The forrest was interesting.
A part of me forever. I'm not throwing the baby out w/the bath water.

LEEMAR
You have missed the point. I have nothing to defend. All you are interested in is arguing and debating. That's an attack..not a discussion. Perhaps the imagined betrayal by your sis has to do w/perception-yours.

Science takes the mystery out of everything, and I like mystery.
Science leaves nothing sacred, and I like to keep a sense of the sacred.
Science contradicts itself...scientists are always debating/feuding against one another...because they do not agree. If science is so perfect, why should this be so?
Science evolves as people do...yesterday's science is today's old wives tale, or fallacy.
Science should not be worshiped like a God.
It does not take much to pick holes in most sciences.
Science makes me unhappy...
Could we say, that to some ex-students, RSE was better before "science" chimed in?
Who is so wise that they can arbitrate the difference between a science and a pseudoscience?
"Social Science" (which I studied) might be classified as a pseudoscience.
Perceptual Psychology, though, has about the same thing to say as RSE. It's not what's happening out there, it's how you interpret it that counts...it's what's going on in your mind or what is interpreted from what is impacting your senses that counts...so, in that sense, you do "create your own reality".
Problem comes, when you try to seek agreement from others, to validate your experience.
I am happiest when I make up my own mind, and allow others to do the same.
I am happy when I do not require permission or agreement.
Just my two cents.

littlewiseone;

You said; "If you want my current take, I feel that what I was looking for was ultimately unattainable. Not completely without merit, just impossible to achieve from the angle I was going at it."
Considering the sending and receiving experience that you and I had at my event....I would have to agree. We are working with phenomenon that is merely conjecture at this point. To base ANY real data upon this fool JZ's explanation, as flawed as it has been over time....is ridiculous.

More serious examination is required before definitive statements can be assured.

Oh....and littlewiseone (good name, btw...);

You MUST know that I'm not against ANYTHING spiritual....it's been my entire life's quest and the entire reason I ended up at RSE to begin with....and left it too, for that matter. I am just stating what is about what is true and easily reasoned or observed. If I said anything that is refutable, then by my honor, refute it and I will gladly bow and stand corrected.

Truly;
Tyger

Happy to read you Christel

lost in space
well said. some things cant be measured and or tested. i dont find quantum physics boring. that's not why i couldn't watch bleep/hole. i dont believe that God can be measured or explained by science.