Enlighten Me Free

Welcome.

Housekeeping: As is posted on the EMF Message Board page, this forum is for support, sharing opinions and experiences for those who have left RSE and have doubts and concerns about their tenure there. It is NOT a place for proselytizing for RSE, JZK Inc or Ramtha.  Play nicely or your post will be sent to cyberspace time-out for all eternity. The disclaimer for EMF is located on this page http://enlightenmefree.com/disclaimer.html and all posters agree to the terms of the disclaimer. Be sure you've read it before posting.

You may also want to visit a complementary forum at FACTNet http://www.factnet.org/discus/messages/3/779.html

If you wish to use a Spell Checker, you may wish to use this free one: http://www.jacuba.com/

Want to contact the EMF moderators? Email messageboard@enlightenmefree.com

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Call 911 or SEE A Doctor... or Professional Exit Counselor.

Joe said, "When JZ cleans up her act, admits to the con, and dissolves the school, I might "move on."

That's how I feel about that, too. We've been told by current students, or ex-students that left for various reasons but still support the teachings/RSE in some way, that we should just move on. That because we haven't "moved on". They equate moving on to shutting-up-and-going-away-quietly, or that we're angry, miserable wretches because we couldn't cut in in the school - all of which is simply untrue - but it works for them to believe it is, which is fine except that it keeps them stuck there.

Time will tell if JZ admits to the con and "moves on", or if it gets done for her.

Joe said, "EMF did not start this fire.....it is merely helping to aim the hoses."

Yup ! And there IS Life After RSE !

I'd like permission to copy lavender's post of Dec21 and joe's post of Dec. 21 to send to the wife in hopes that this powerful sharing might get through.
I think it goes to the heart that you do not have an axe to grind and your focus is to share as well as warn.
With respect,
Bud

Bud,

Here is the URL for this "thread":
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7153584.stm

If you would please include that with the cut/paste "posts" that you want to send to her, that's much appreciated. It just cites the source, which is common etiquette for sharing such info.

If you don't mind, let us know how it goes. Her response will be interesting. My family did a slow "drip, drip, drip" with me. I did listen. I wasn't ready to act, but their viewpoint always stayed simmering on the back burner, being considered.

I think, if we are to narrow it down to what we've learned on EMF so far, there seems to be at least several categories for WHY people get sucked into RSE.

1. Looking for purpose in life.
2. Issues from abusive or addictive childhoods.
3. Having some "psychic" experiences and wanting to know more.
4. Being sucked into the con because not enough research was done before going/staying.

Of course, those things can, and probably do, overlap to some degree or other.

(Want to laugh ? This is totally off topic but pretty funny, I think - for those who want to keep reading. For the holidays, we have a lot of company coming, starting tomorrow. Well, I'm busy washing bedding and general laundry, baking, cooking, running store errands, etc. All good; all fun.

My washing machine hasn't been rinsing quite right, though it's a quality, nearly new machine; kinda curious. We put off calling the repairman, because the rinse cycle was working sometimes, so we figured we probably were overloading the machine. Did smaller loads and still - wouldn't spin the clothes "dry".

Hubby called the repair man, who came at lunch time, and ....knew exactly what to do. Lo and behold, as he removes some panel and unscrews some widget, water gushes out...along with...11 pennies, a nickel, a dime, a child's blue beaded bracelet, six nails, hubby's store card for Auto Zone, two Lego pieces, a few buttons, daughter's kiddie laptop stylus, lint, a marble, and I don't even remember what else was in that pile. The repairman certainly wasn't surprised, and said he's seen much worse than that and we were lucky the nails didn't puncture the hose so we'd have had a flood. Yikes.

The kids are all standing in the doorway staring at this guy, doing his job. My little two year old says to him, "What you doing here ?" We both (him and I) just burst out laughing.

He looked at me and said, "I'm not charging you for this. I'll cover it under the warranty, which just ran out. If you call me back here again (as he looks at the kids), next time, I'll charge you." Well, he knows there won't be a next time, because I saw how simple it was for him to fix it, so I can do it myself. Now, it's almost 1 a.m.....my laundry is done ...so I am going to sleep !

Ho, ho, ho...

Is there any way to "capture" the Margaret Singer video to distribute to various health professionals? My husband attended just one beginning group, in a luxury area. I was with him. It was after the beginners was shortened to the four-day (you know, to accommodate more attendees who can't afford nine days away from their jobs!) Although my husband saw it clearly as a business, since it was only a short version of the "shebang" he doesn't see the depth of the danger. We are both in the health field, and maybe, just maybe, we can help with the education and awareness of how destructive these groups are - even after just one nine-day event. It's worth a try. Is there any way to "clean up" the YouTube version digitally so that it can be offered as a tool to certain psychologists, psychiatrists, social workers, and intake workers? The experience of JZEve's "Three Faces" fantasy world has left many people spiritually vapid. Joe is an expert in this area, and his knowledge of education being a part of the solution, is nearly completely unknown in the healthcare world.

Lavender - you run a school for, is it RN's or LPN's? Do you find anything in the curriculum required by the state to educate in the area of LGAT's, cults, or other destructive groups?

It would be a huge service to this world were this topic a necessary rotation for all those who work in healthcare in any manner. Far too many people are misunderstood - as Margaret Singer explained, "you did not set out to join a 'cult,' - they found YOU.

At what point does it become epidemic, even pandemic? (world tour)

Thanks for all you do!

Whatever I post I assume will travel but you have my permission to cut and paste as long as you "blame" me in context for what I said

G2G, for "capturing" video contents on web pages, just go to this link :
http://keepvid.com/
At the top of the page it opens, there'a a rectangular button on wich
you can read "Drag this button into your links toolbar..."
Just click and drag this button to the links toolbar at the right or the
address bar (if you use Internet Explorer).
Then, when you open a web page with video content, just click on this
Links button [»] then click on the "Keep It!" link. This will open the
KeepVid web page and you'll get a download link for the video.
You have to rename the downloaded file with the extension ".flv" wich
is the Flash Video file extension. This works with most of the videos on
YouTube, Google Video and many more. Hope this will help.

whatchamacallit, thanks for the repairing tips for the washing machine,
mine has the same rinsing problem. I'll try to fix it.

Merry Christmas to you all !

Thank you Joe.
Watch:
re:reasons
All 4 apply. Additionally she says she now (about 3 years)feels she has more control in her life. I'm not sure but I think this had to do with finding cards. We had set up a small practice arena on our property in CA. While she became more proficient at locating the cards I saw no real-life benefit. On further thought, it seems finding a card became a draw itself, substantiating credibility that again, had no real life effect but gave her cause to continue.
For the record I had no idea the depths she had gone to in this rse stuff. It was only when hitting Yelm and dealing with an rse realtor that the true motivation came up. I had not heard of the UG's nor the coming certain catastrophe. Upon seeing an actual UG in the process of being built and the cost both financial and emotional to the family involved that I realized the jim jones aspect of the rse path. It explained why the realtor was persistently showing me property with a slope and over 400' elevation. the topper was that this UG was going to have a "wine cellar". Just how crazy can you get?
Lavender, I have not heard from you. As it was your post that was the catalyst for some great info here I would like to have your permission to use your share.
With respect,
Bud

Hi Bud, Yes, of course I always give permission. Smile. The purpose is to try and help others... if it helps it is a good thing.

Smile.

Merry Christmas.

Joe, I do want to resond to your post... you make excellent points about Mind your own business...

It is a challenge as to WHAT we can do and what we are willing to do to TELL OTHERS about these groups.

I need a little time to digest it and contenplate the issues... and of course it is the Holiday and we are getting ready for family tonight... so I will respond later probable in a few days.

Smiles.

Lavender

I have been thinking about this this past week:
How many times, in that stupid made up character's audience (ty Bud for that)
did you hear it say," how many of you can look back on your life and see how much better it is NOW, than it was THEN?"
Thunderous applause ensues with, "turn to your neighbor and explain."
Then, with much gusto, you tell your partner how much better you THINK you are now than let's say, ten years ago.

I used to BELIEVE this way.

Looking back, I gave up a great job, the white picket fence dream, sold all my belongings to schlep my way 3000 miles away, only to find myself living in a yurt without a job and now fighting with my partner of ten years.

And a few years after that, being asked AGAIN in audience, "how much different is your life TODAY that it was THEN?"

So, I upgraded to living on my own piece of land, WITH a UG, just having electricity installed and working at the ranch for $10/hour.

I thought I had TOTALLY improved my life.

I could go on, but as you can see, it slowly de-volved to the point of a nervous breakdown as a result of discovering that this group really was a cult.

One is LED to believe that what they are doing at the Ranch truly enhances their life.

The whole process broke up my immediate family, left me near destitute, and broke me mentally.

It is hard to imagine that I actually thought I was improving my life.
Now that I am out, the whole process seems totally absurd!!

How many other people left their families, good paying careers, sold most of their belongings, only to go sit on a floor in a not-near-enough heated horse arena to be told, " I will make you into
Gods-realized."

Um....when was that going to happen?

ps. thank the universe for exit counseling and a sliver of an open eye to truly wake up.

G2G,

Most of the videos are downloadable,
Look for the “Download this Video” tab.
Thank you Druid for the “keep video” link:
http://keepvid.com/

I can also post you a DVD copy of any of the video’s presented here.
Just send an Email request to...

LARSE@fairpoint.net

Happy Solstice

David.