Enlighten Me Free

Welcome.

Housekeeping: As is posted on the EMF Message Board page, this forum is for support, sharing opinions and experiences for those who have left RSE and have doubts and concerns about their tenure there. It is NOT a place for proselytizing for RSE, JZK Inc or Ramtha.  Play nicely or your post will be sent to cyberspace time-out for all eternity. The disclaimer for EMF is located on this page http://enlightenmefree.com/disclaimer.html and all posters agree to the terms of the disclaimer. Be sure you've read it before posting.

You may also want to visit a complementary forum at FACTNet http://www.factnet.org/discus/messages/3/779.html

If you wish to use a Spell Checker, you may wish to use this free one: http://www.jacuba.com/

Want to contact the EMF moderators? Email messageboard@enlightenmefree.com

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: thinking

betrayAl, not betrayEl.

"Sometimes I think EMF is “tougher” when it comes to facing oneself, than RSE could have been, because these people ARE looking within."

Amen!

I agree, it takes a LOT of strength and fortitude to face yourself. Recovery takes guts.

>>>>>>>>If every morning you do it as a Transcendental Meditation -- just when you get up, the first thing, repeat the mantra "**** you!" five times -- it clears the throat.<<<<<<<

So I was right all along:-).

Smile... it was HUMOR..... Yes. Do it daily and see how you feel.

Smile. LOL

I just came across an interesting Scientific American magazine article entitled
"Vision : a window into consciousness". This magazine was on the top of a pile
(there are many books, magazines, printouts piles around in my home) and what
struck me was this picture of a woman with a "godscope".

Here's an excerpt of the article, an experiment you can try at home :

"To simulate binocular rivalry at home, use your right hand to hold the cardboard
cylinder from a roll of paper towels (or a piece of paper rolled into a tube)
against your right eye. Hold your left hand, palm facing you, roughly four
inches in front of your left eye, with the edge of your hand touching the tube.
At first it will appear as though your hand has a hole in it, as your brain
concentrates on the stimulus from your right eye. After a few seconds, though,
the "hole" will fill in with a fuzzy perception of your whole palm from your
left eye. If you keep looking, the two images will alternate, as your brain
selects first the visual stimulus viewed by one eye, then that viewed by the
other. The alternation is, however, a bit biased; you will probably perceive
the visual stimulus you see through the cylinder more frequently than you will
see your palm. The bias occurs for two reasons. First, your palm is out of focus
because it is much closer to your face, and blurred visual stimuli tend to be
weaker competitors in binocular rivalry than sharp patterns, such as the
surroundings you are viewing through the tube. Second, your palm is a relatively
smooth surface with less contrast and fewer contours than your comparatively rich
environment. In the laboratory, we carefully select the patterns viewed by the
subjects to eliminate such bias."

That was well known and well established in the 1960's. Recycled. Also, Scientific American is not the best place to find uncensored science. They have been discredited on numerous occassions for being the proponents of junk science. Which, (of course) they continue to deny to this day.

that bit re scientif amer and the tube/palm experiment reminded me of when I was a young kid, maybe five or six. I used to think I could see through my finger when I held it up to my left eye. It was not as dramatic when I switched eyes.
Of course, I had both eyes open but that never occured to me.
An eye doctor diagnosed me with amblyopia of Rt eye when I was 7--"lazy eye" in street language and incurable by that age. Depth perception can suffer. Probably the reason I was not a good shooter on basketball teams or hitter in baseball, but I was number one tennis player on our high school team---go figure.

Scientific American may be more for public consumption but I liked reading it when I did, even with one eye...