Enlighten Me Free

Welcome.

Housekeeping: As is posted on the EMF Message Board page, this forum is for support, sharing opinions and experiences for those who have left RSE and have doubts and concerns about their tenure there. It is NOT a place for proselytizing for RSE, JZK Inc or Ramtha.  Play nicely or your post will be sent to cyberspace time-out for all eternity. The disclaimer for EMF is located on this page http://enlightenmefree.com/disclaimer.html and all posters agree to the terms of the disclaimer. Be sure you've read it before posting.

You may also want to visit a complementary forum at FACTNet http://www.factnet.org/discus/messages/3/779.html

If you wish to use a Spell Checker, you may wish to use this free one: http://www.jacuba.com/

Want to contact the EMF moderators? Email messageboard@enlightenmefree.com

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: thinking

""tell where dunce caps and Christmas fit
in the same venue.
oh right...I guess we HAD to be there to
"get it" """

Tree- those were the "Godscopes!" I KNEW they'd be having them manufactured instead of the students simply rolling up a piece of paper. During teachings early this year, students were instructed to draw a "split" card, take out their "Godscope" (while "focus" music played) and students were to focus on each half of the card independently. So that's what the "dunce caps" are! : ) Looks to me they're in mass production now! Many of you probably know this, but the "O" she was making with her hand is her manner of teaching how "each person's God sees what we are focusing on." Yep, that teeny little circle is all our "great God" gets to see-whatever we place in front of it (by focusing). (Pfui, I say)!! If your mind is not "focused" and aligned with your "god," then the hand swings back and forth as another manner of her demonstrating how the "observer/god" looking through the "scope" (in this case her "O") only sees what is placed in front of it, or in other words, what is analagous with it. When the hand is not in alignment with the "site" of the "god," then the hand is swinging back and forth and the "god" cannot get a good look at what "students" are trying to manifest, because the "swinging arm/hand" is used as an example of that horrible (sarcasm) "monkey mind." (see the news lately? Chimps doing - is it college level math?) So the great God within has no idea what we are thinking, want, need, etc., unless we focus so much - that it's the only thought in our mind - and THEN - the great god within can finally get a "glimpse" of what students are trying to "manifest" and oila. I'm thinking that whatever the "presence" or essence is, it isn't necessary to almost slap it in the hypothetical face in order to get a point across! But it sounded fairly interesting to us at beginners. (Tree - if you already knew this and I missed a 'joke,' apologies. (OT: We've endured a good bit of tragedy within my family this year, and I'm finding myself losing my sense of humor during this time of year).

OT here, In addition, I've had to take a very deep look within and learn why I'd been feeling some of the "old dreaded red guard-speak" while reading here. I learned I'm still not only dealing with the RSE "triggers," but also simlar triggers from a part of my life that left me feeling hurt and I now learn, I am still somewhat bothered by a long-ago relationship which was quite verbally abusive to me. I found the answer, and now realize I wish to deal with and work on forgiving and having compassion for this person from my past. This is something new to me, since I thought I'd thrown that past away a long time ago, so my recent posts are a reflection of what I'd experienced in relation to certain verbage here, and of course, we all see with different eyes. If I've missed jokes, etc., due to my own perceptions, please forgive me. I mean no harm; my intent is to get the heck over this and move on when the time is right - and perhaps I've learned a lesson, as well. Compassion for all sentient beings, as the Dalai Lama says.

I would not have come to this realization, at least not at this time, were it not for the "triggers" set forth, as I perceived them, in some of the posts. I've NOT had a "runner," (sarcasm); I've had a good look within and at others, trying to understand from whence they speak. We never stop learning from one another here. It's a marvelous place for insight and discovery.

Again, thank you all.

~Aum "EMF" rang de Aum~
(color EMF with god/that which is/whatever the meaning is to you) This is a blessing in many Nepalese songs. Generally, it's "Aum mein (sp) rang de Aum" - meaning "color ME with God." (but people insert the name of the one/s they wish to be blessed)

You mention Forgivness.

Interesting subject.

Have you every forgived someone just to have them continue to SLAP you in the face?

Forgivness works when there is a conversation between the two and a sharing of the issues.. and an agreement to move on.

But it does nothing for those to forgive when the behavior continues to either emotionally or physically slap you around.

Forgiveness can leave you feeling shallow and incomplete, it can help your mental issues move to the back burner, but belive be, those issues are still unresolved.

Ignorance can be bliss, until you look deeply into that which was at the root of the issues. The the soil from below come up to the top and it is seen by the light.

Forgiveness can also be a band aid.

I love this lecture by OSHO on the Word ****.. if I can say it on the board.

Forgive me if I have offended anyone...

Smie.

BELOVED MASTER,
I FEEL SHOCKED WHEN YOU USE THE WORD '****'.

WHAT TO DO?

One of the most interesting words in the English language today is the word '****'.

It is one magical word: just by its sound it can describe pain, pleasure, hate and love.

In language it falls into many grammatical categories.

It can be used as a verb, both transitive (John ****ed Mary) and intransitive (Mary was ****ed by John), and as a noun (Mary is a fine ****).

It can be used as an adjective (Mary is ******* beautiful).

As you can see there are not many words with the versatility of '****'.

Besides the sexual meaning, there are also the following uses:

Fraud: I got ****ed at the used car lot.
Ignorance: ****ed if I know.
Trouble: I guess I am ****ed now!
Aggression: **** you!
Displeasure: What the **** is going on here?
Difficulty: I can't understand this ******* job.
Incompetence: He is a ****-off.
Suspicion: What the **** are you doing?
Enjoyment: I had a ******* good time.
Request: Get the **** out of here!
Hostility: I am going to knock your ******* head off!
Greeting: How the **** are you?
Apathy: Who gives a ****?
Innovation: Get a bigger ******* hammer.
Surprise: ****! You scared the **** out of me!
Anxiety: Today is really ****ed. And it is very healthy too.

If every morning you do it as a Transcendental Meditation -- just when you get up, the first thing, repeat the mantra "**** you!" five times -- it clears the throat.

That's how I keep my throat clear!

Enough for today.

G2 -- just wanted you to know I'm thinking of you and wishing you and your family contentment and good experiences in the coming year.

Lavender & anyone who is interested: You are free to use swear words on here. They are not edited out due to moderator control issues. However, it is beyond our control, since the service we’re using automatically edits swears out. So, people have fully intended to use certain words, only to have them appear on the board as asterisks. It costs extra money to allow swears and we didn’t opt for that service with our host provider. I personally don’t take issue with people posting a swear is that’s what they are truly THINKING. We’re all adults. HOWEVER, Using a swear word may or may not include using it to flame someone. Flaming is disallowed on any forum I know of, because it can get into slander issues (libel) and that is treading, obviously, on legal grounds. We all need to respect the legal safety of those who are sitting in the hotseat if such posts remain, or remain unaddressed.

G2G said, “I would not have come to this realization, at least not at this time, were it not for the "triggers" set forth, as I perceived them, in some of the posts. I've NOT had a "runner," (sarcasm); I've had a good look within and at others, trying to understand from whence they speak. We never stop learning from one another here. It's a marvelous place for insight and discovery.”

I like that humor – I’ve not had a runner! LOL !!!! I understand you’ve had a rough year this year, but there is still a seed of humor there, too. I’ve said this long ago, and IN MY OPINION, it’s true; the people that post here, and have transcended Ramthimherwhateveritis, have spine. Pain, betrayel, etc, yes. But we’re among the strongest, most resilient lot there is. Sometimes I think EMF is “tougher” when it comes to facing oneself, than RSE could have been, because these people ARE looking within. Not outside at their leader, who thinks FOR THEM.

Peace.

betrayAl, not betrayEl.

"Sometimes I think EMF is “tougher” when it comes to facing oneself, than RSE could have been, because these people ARE looking within."

Amen!

I agree, it takes a LOT of strength and fortitude to face yourself. Recovery takes guts.

>>>>>>>>If every morning you do it as a Transcendental Meditation -- just when you get up, the first thing, repeat the mantra "**** you!" five times -- it clears the throat.<<<<<<<

So I was right all along:-).

Smile... it was HUMOR..... Yes. Do it daily and see how you feel.

Smile. LOL

I just came across an interesting Scientific American magazine article entitled
"Vision : a window into consciousness". This magazine was on the top of a pile
(there are many books, magazines, printouts piles around in my home) and what
struck me was this picture of a woman with a "godscope".

Here's an excerpt of the article, an experiment you can try at home :

"To simulate binocular rivalry at home, use your right hand to hold the cardboard
cylinder from a roll of paper towels (or a piece of paper rolled into a tube)
against your right eye. Hold your left hand, palm facing you, roughly four
inches in front of your left eye, with the edge of your hand touching the tube.
At first it will appear as though your hand has a hole in it, as your brain
concentrates on the stimulus from your right eye. After a few seconds, though,
the "hole" will fill in with a fuzzy perception of your whole palm from your
left eye. If you keep looking, the two images will alternate, as your brain
selects first the visual stimulus viewed by one eye, then that viewed by the
other. The alternation is, however, a bit biased; you will probably perceive
the visual stimulus you see through the cylinder more frequently than you will
see your palm. The bias occurs for two reasons. First, your palm is out of focus
because it is much closer to your face, and blurred visual stimuli tend to be
weaker competitors in binocular rivalry than sharp patterns, such as the
surroundings you are viewing through the tube. Second, your palm is a relatively
smooth surface with less contrast and fewer contours than your comparatively rich
environment. In the laboratory, we carefully select the patterns viewed by the
subjects to eliminate such bias."

That was well known and well established in the 1960's. Recycled. Also, Scientific American is not the best place to find uncensored science. They have been discredited on numerous occassions for being the proponents of junk science. Which, (of course) they continue to deny to this day.

that bit re scientif amer and the tube/palm experiment reminded me of when I was a young kid, maybe five or six. I used to think I could see through my finger when I held it up to my left eye. It was not as dramatic when I switched eyes.
Of course, I had both eyes open but that never occured to me.
An eye doctor diagnosed me with amblyopia of Rt eye when I was 7--"lazy eye" in street language and incurable by that age. Depth perception can suffer. Probably the reason I was not a good shooter on basketball teams or hitter in baseball, but I was number one tennis player on our high school team---go figure.

Scientific American may be more for public consumption but I liked reading it when I did, even with one eye...