Enlighten Me Free

Welcome.

Housekeeping: As is posted on the EMF Message Board page, this forum is for support, sharing opinions and experiences for those who have left RSE and have doubts and concerns about their tenure there. It is NOT a place for proselytizing for RSE, JZK Inc or Ramtha.  Play nicely or your post will be sent to cyberspace time-out for all eternity. The disclaimer for EMF is located on this page http://enlightenmefree.com/disclaimer.html and all posters agree to the terms of the disclaimer. Be sure you've read it before posting.

You may also want to visit a complementary forum at FACTNet http://www.factnet.org/discus/messages/3/779.html

If you wish to use a Spell Checker, you may wish to use this free one: http://www.jacuba.com/

Want to contact the EMF moderators? Email messageboard@enlightenmefree.com

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I am a foreigner and I'm think of moving to Yelm

No not me, but I was thinking. If a person decided to pack their bags and head for Yelm, so that they could be part of the RSE community and closer to the school, what would they be getting themselves into. I'm sure there are a few internationals out there contemplating the idea. This subject could save these people a lot of hardship and give them enough knowledge to make the best choice before considering leaving their family, friends, and current way of life.

1. What is Yelm like on the ground?
2. Could I get a job quickly with few skills?
3. What types of businesses trade in the area?
4. Do Ramsters fair better than the "ordinary" folk because of their "superior" knowledge base?
5. What are the town folks like? Do they welcome new visitors, especially the new RSE students?
6. Is it easy to make friends?
7. How would I get around without a car or driving license?
8. If I got sick, and had very little money, can I avail of free medical care?
9. If things went really bad, and I had no money left, where could I stay?
10. Would RSE students be willing to help me out and give me a roof over head until I got things straightened out?
11. Does the school offer support for students that find it hard to integrate into the community?
12. Does it offer support for those foreign students who feel homesick and Isolated sometimes?

These are just some questions that I have in mind. Please create more questions, and if you have an answer already based on personal experience, write it down.

This topic is very important, and it will give internationals important information.
Finally, try your best to be as accurate as possible. It’s goes a long way.

Thank you

Re: I am a foreigner and I'm think of moving to Yelm

Johnny, with all due respect, this post you started seems to be about providing orientation information to make it easier for people from other countries to move to Yelm to attend the RSE school. To me that seems contrary to the purpose of this site.

Am I the only one who perceives Johnny's questions this way?

Hi onehandontheelephant,

Sorry if I have not made myself clear. The intention of this subject was to gather information which would prevent a foreigner from moving to Yelm. But, you have to lay it out in such a way so that a serious follower will not be repelled.

However, I stand to be corrected.

If the administrator feels that the subject was approached incorrectly, I personally request that this topic be removed immediately- don't want to give the wrong impression.

Cheers

''''Am I the only one who perceives Johnny's questions this way? ''''

i don't. I think it's extremely valid. Yelm is an extremely small town. Those who are not in the rse school can expect to be ridiculed by some, and accepted by others since their presence does interject a huge amount of income into the local businesses. It would be important for anyone from another country to be fully aware of the many, and I do mean many, hardships they will face if they relocate. The Yelm site is not an easy one. What you experience in the European or tropical retreats is vastly different. In Yelm, you sleep in a tent, RV you can rent at great cost, or inside the great hall with hundreds of other people. People are snoring, coughing. People are SICK and no amount of 'I am radiantly healthy' helps that. The nights are very cold during the early year retreats, and primaries are vast mudpits. C&E has alsmot disappeared from the 'curriculum' I heard rumors from blue college it was due to people concerned with 'germs' from the spitting during breathing. Now they work with godscopes concentrating and not knowing how much time is off during a break only told be back when the bell rings. Instead of JR there are multitudinous videos played. Those who have to work during the day come in after work and everyone again must rewatch the same video. Make sure you have waders in the event you get stuck in the creek at the end of the field while blindfolded because it can be difficult to find your way out unless you break your focus. Some of the teachers are indeed very kind, while others are harsh. The same with the red guards. I found myself thinking, if I am a 'god' as we were taught, then how do you -red guard- justify verbal abuse to us? My 'god' will not allow you to pass.
I know I got off track here. But Yelm is no picnic. The offsite retreats are a luxury. You have a bed and real food. The lines are long at the Yelm food concessions and there are perhaps around five from which to choose. The coffee booth is terrific but again another very long line. Most people bring coolers with ice and their own food. RV rentals are expensive although many bring their own. One gentleman overheard a woman became ill when one she stayed in became overcome with CO. I did not speak with her nor see her, this is just what I heard. There are some people in rse who help but it is not going to be the life you are accustomed to living from what I've seen. Other rse students will be your only lifeline as you become more deeply entrenched in it and find yourself saving $$$ just to make the next event, and others obsessively doing the walk so the old neuronet doesn't kick back in. Yes, the walls are covered with sending and receiving but what I saw appeared to be vastly influenced by what was already there, in other words, feathers, flowers, hearts-things that are ordinary and come into mind simply because one's already seen so much of it. One finds themselves so influenced by the environment the sending and receiving becomes nearly insignificant in terms of how many get it correctly. Children do seem to excel at this, and the same with the cards on the field. Perhaps there is something to this other sense we have which we do not nurture, but I do not think moving to Yelm is the answer. The greatness of everyone is within oneself. We can all do great things with our OWN will and our OWN abilities. We don't need to move. The earth has been changing for eons. Why should it behave any differently now? Why should anyone move to be 'safe' in a place that has had SO much problematic weather of late to the extent the CHRISTMAS program was postponed due to lack of power. Why didn't JR focus and create the reality of having the power on? For that matter, why not all focus at the end of an event and 'clean up' the place through focus instead of elbow grease? because we can't accept it? I don't think so. Just a little of what to expect. Expect the restrooms to close for cleaning just as the night's event is ending and be told to use the portajohns where you cannot even wash your hands. There were a LOT of sick people coughing, blowing noses, sore throats, laryngitis. I imagine they just didn't focus enough. Bullocks. If so, why use so harsh chemicals in the cleaning process as we were told while waiting in line to use the indoor restroom. Showers-outside and no hot water and they freeze and have gone down in hot months sometimes just after blue body.

I learned, but again 'I' learned. Me, myself, and 'I.' The greatest teacher is within, not in Yelm.

Johnny,

Must jump in here for a quick word..

I find your comments particularly insightful in recognizing the nervousness “fear” into looking behind the “nice cosy model of the world”.. as you put it..
This is a keen observation… especially for those that are sitting on the RSE fence…
It took a certain courage to engage the RSE “teachings”
especially for those that moved “lock stock and barrel” to Yelm
Oftentimes this meant an incalculable lifetime sacrifice…
Soon the options to even consider turning the wagon around becomes unthinkable… eventually the wheels fall off without anyone noticing.. except for those bewildered friends and loved ones that were left behind.
Yet.. the RSE Trail begins with such glorious dreams and promises “ the great march”
when those warnings “gut feelings” and critical thinking was so cleverly overruled by Judith’s spiritual plagiarism and the RSE mind control machine that is so well rehearsed and ruthless.
Ironically…
It takes more courage to get off the RSE trail,
Than it initially took to embark upon it…

Johnny,
ex,G2G, EWO, Tree, Mathew Morell, Obsever, Wolfman, JFRL, Joe, Wacha..
and everyone……………
Thank you for helping put wheels back on the wagon…and pointing the way.

Chuckle

David

“The Donner party”

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donner_Party_timeline

I do see your point, G2G. It would certainly be good for internationals coming to Yelm to know that RSE students have done little to set up support services for foreign students. I was there many years ago at some of the meetings when the Masters Center was first being planned, and very few of the ambitious plans that were discussed ever came about. AND NOW THERE IS NO MASTERS CENTER, so as far as I know, there is no cheap place where Ramsters can live long-term, take showers, cook meals, etc.

I only have a few minutes right now, but as I have lived in Yelm 20 years, I will offer answers to a few of your questions:

2. There is no guarantee that you could get a job quickly with few skills and there is a lot of competition here for unskilled jobs. A lot of people clean houses, take care of the elderly and disabled, babysit, do gardening, etc., but you will need transportation. A lot of those jobs are in other, larger towns.

4. When it comes to manifesting, Ramsters do not show ANY evidence that they have a "superior" knowledge base. Many Ramsters have to live in tents, sheds, campers, pumphouses (sheds for water wells), vans, etc., often with no electricity or running water. This is not just my observation. A Thurston County sheriff (county police) told me the sheriffs see lots of people living this way, mainly out in the country surrounding Yelm, which is against the law here if you stay for more than 30 days at a time. He said the sheriffs usually ignore this because there would be hundreds of homeless people if the police kicked them out of these places.

After 20 years in Yelm, I can say that Ramsters do NOT "manifest" any better than "ordinary" folk--they are NOT healthier or wealthier than people not in RSE. In my opinion that is a lot of RSE "hype"--and I say that after running a bed and breakfast and shuttle service for about 15 years.

7. There is bus service to nearby towns, if you have a lot of time to wait. But Yelm is a very small town and does not have the kind of frequent bus service that you would find in a large city. Unless you find some person who will give you rides, you will need a car and drivers license.

8. The only free medical care I am aware of is a free clinic in Lacey that is open one evening a week. You would have to take a bus or get a ride there, as it is at least 20 miles away. I am not aware of any free dental care in this area.

Well, I have to go for now.

Yelm is not a typical American town. It is located on the edge of a military base and the population is comprised of military personnel, farmers/ranchers, local families who have lived in the area for generations and people who moved to the area to be in proximity to RSE. There are many people who attended RSE in the past but are no longer active/interested.

Although it is a small town, the traffic can be congested due to large numbers of drivers passing through on their way to somewhere else.There is limited bus service. Yelm is known as the "Pride of the Prairie" which should provide an idea of the topography.

The climate is considered mild. Winters are generally above freezing and although summers can be hot (90 Fahrenheit) it does not last for long. The winter months are often overcast and rainy. There can sometimes be very little sunshine in winter.

answers:1.littel town ramsters are no more an importent minorety.millitary people take the oekonomic importance over.several thousends compared to a view hundreds.2 yes if you keep your wages down you might get a foot in the door but remember the posibility of having work is dependent on how much money is needed from your possible employer to go to events.3 all pyramid scams,every buisness which dosent colide with rse.4foreigners ar mostly illigal so they have a hard time to fight for the undertable work.as long as you bring money you have many friends here.5 some r nice and openminded others dont like ramsters because they get it quik that after big words comes mostly nothing.guess its like everywere else.6shure direct proportional to your financel capability7you dont have to care about littel things there r plenty of people who do taxiservice for littel fees.just get a car and drive its america soon you will learn to levitate.8 blue body healing or doctorfees.the healthcaresystem is not very good.but who needs it with blue body healing 9in a tent on somebodys property in exchange for work.10 shure there is allways housesitting for people who make it to their events.11what comunity elaborate.its ease you just say very often ramtha said .if you dont know what to say just grinn supirier.if nothing helps just tell how big the change was which ramtha brought to your live and that you r bejond emotions and that you do no longer victemice.you will fitt in nicly the ranch will make you fitt .12 yelm allways been your home.how can you feel allone just go to every possible event.you meet your brothers and sisters there but remember:no money =no events=nospiritual growth.nobody likes a looser in ramsterland.

When I first showed up at RSE I was shocked by the fact that there is no sign. How does one find it and why is there no sign? It is located on both Yelm Highway and a side street so there are 2 places where signs "should" be. Another thing that made me very uncomfortable is the fact that it is completely surrounded by tall BARBED WIRE fencing . She says it is necessary to keep people out but it also keeps people in and certainly looks very intimidating. At the first event I attended in Yelm I had the uncomfortable feeling of being trapped. The in and out gates (also unmarked) are kept locked at all times. In order to leave the property someone has to let you out. In general, in the United States schools and private businesses do not operate in this manner.

Also at the first event I attended in Yelm I went for a walk in the trees during a break. A security guard came looking for me and said that no one is allowed to walk in the forest.

I wondered how the security guard knew where I was? Perhaps there are hidden cameras throughout the property? There are no visible cameras but somehow he knew I was in the forest and came looking for me.

And why can't a student walk freely on the property?

So anyone thinking or relocating to Yelm in order to be close to the "Great School" as J/R calls it wants to keep these things in mind:

1.) You will not be able to find it without someone telling you where it is.

2.) While participating at events you will be locked in and unable to freely leave. Someone on the staff must open a gate for you if you wish to leave early.

3.) While attending events you will be watched by security.

1.What is Yelm like on the ground?

Yelm has a lot of trees, and is being quickly clearcut .
The weather is mild most of the year through.
December, January and February are cold and rainy.

Mostly within the community of RSE.
You CAN travel to nearby Lacey and Olympia.
That is about half an hour away.
Wages in Yelm do not compare to those of Olympia, Tacoma or Seattle.
I don’t recommend Yelm for work if you want to live, prosper and attend events
(which the norm being, once you get here, you will not want to miss ONE event.
It is just the nature of the beast).

Yelm, itself has many farms.
But if you are not an already established farmer, forget it.
The military is nearby, if you are into Uncle Sam.

4. Do Ramsters fair better than the "ordinary" folk because of their "superior" knowledge base?

Hell no! They think they do, but I see more generosity from my two local neighbors than from
All of the RSE student body combined over the last 18 years.

5. What are the town folks like? Do they welcome new visitors, especially the new RSE students?

The town folk are “tolerant”.
But if you were to get a really honest answer, they think Ramsters are full of _____.
And they know Judy has a scam going. They just smirk.
(This is from personal experience. My sweet local neighbors are dumbfounded it took
me this long to figure it out. But thank god, I am a ‘regular’ joe type and they watch my
backside and I am well liked in my little neighborhood.)

Usually, if you go to RSE, all your friends are Ramsters.
There are a few exceptions.
You will be thankful you have a supportive family who will be there when your realize
You have lost your way.

Many drive illegally.

The nearest Hospital, St Pete’s, has an indigent program, if need be.
And the entire staff knows if a Ramster arrives.
Blue webs on, capes, etc

Good luck.
I find most Ramsters highly narcissistic.

10. Would RSE students be willing to help me out and give me a roof over head until I got things straightened out?

That has not been my experience.
You best be of strong character.

11. Does the school offer support for students that find it hard to integrate into the community?

No.
There is the Master’s Connection (on-line). That is somewhat of a help.

12. Does it offer support for those foreign students who feel homesick and Isolated sometimes?

I think the foreigners stick pretty much to their cultures here in Yelm
My hat goes off to those who have come here and made a transition.
Most are not so lucky.

In the Yelm area, many of the local "Ramsters" are constantly scrambling for money to pay for the next event/evening. If they are self-employed this creates pressure to generate money as quickly and easily as possible. Unfortunately this may result in Ramsters overcharging other Ramsters for work.

Speaking of Ramsters scrambling for money to attend each/every/mandatory events, the following comes to mind. "Ramtha" has addressed a number of times over the years, that students have had money stolen from them DURING events.

I guess some folks haven't gotten the lesson on honesty and integrity; some call it "manifesting".

I kid you not.

Don't forget those who ask to "borrow" money and promise to pay you back- ... yeah, right.

New People, beware. You are fresh blood.

You have all heard the joke right?

What is a rich Ramster?

A beginner!

When I started RSE I thought that Yelm would be a great place to live. Gotta move there. Imagine being in a community of like minded individuals where people are focusing on changing the world! "It is the only place to be," I thought to myself.

I thought that it would be very easy to make friends because we all have RSE in common. I was more than willing to work with others on various projects which would ultimately benefit the community. I figured that everyone in school would be practicing the teachings of Ramtha - integrity, honesty, dealing with self.

Unfortunately this is not the case. I was wrong in all of my assumptions. In fact the thing that shocked me the most was to hear other Ramsters justify their unattractive behaviors using the teachings. "Ramtha said _____________ so that means I can _________." It was brutal. When disagreements occur it can be difficult to reason with a Ramster because they are taught to rely on "psychic impressions" and "knowingness" instead of logic and reason.

Basically there is no community to speak of. There are lots of people all coming from a different mental place many of whom are "running their number." Meaning they are acting out their dysfunctional behavior at the expense of others.

Since the introduction of the wine ceremony in 1996 there is entirely too much drinking and driving. (Not going back and forth from RSE but drinking at dinner parties, ect.) Ramsters have been involved in
automobile accidents caused by their inebriated state. (Before the first wine ceremony in 1996 Ramtha's teaching was to stay away from all alcohol. It kills brain cells which cannot be replaced was the "official" word.)

My fantasy of what life in Yelm would be like was not even close to the reality.

I'll give my 2 cents or more (hee hee) on these questions:
That's been answered fairly well by others.

Not so likely. There's a lot of competition between Ramsters for these jobs, so they can be available to go to the Ranch at the drop of the hat. Many don't like working with Ramsters because if JZ calls an event, they may just not show up on the job or otherwise. There's a lot of dropping of commitments when an unscheduled event is called.

There's quite a few different types, Wal Mart department store is to open, grocery stores, hardware, beauty shops, fast food & other restaurants, a cinema are examples.

NO! Many (not all) live below poverty level without running water, proper shelter, even food.

The town folks are tolerant as Ramsters bring in a fair amount of business.

Only if you are a current student in RSE. If you leave the school, many of your friends will no longer be good friends. The friendships tend to be superficial & not truly from the heart, because true friends don't walk away if you change schools.

It's difficult as you would have to depend on Ramsters & they may change their mind & just say "It just doesn't fit into my schedule" at the last minute.

That was answered by someone noting St. Peters Hospital.

Good luck! Someone may let you stay for a week or 2, but if it didn't resolve they most likely would ask you to leave. I know, I've been there.

I answered this in the #9 above.

No. Most of what is said is that "you create your own reality" & use that for an excuse to not make commitments.

No. Students are left on their own to fend for themselves -- to "create their own reality".

Yeah If its a "School" we have here, where are the Dorms and the Student services, Cafe, etc... 24/7?
Why hasnt JZ bought some property nearby to help people out this way?
Nothing wrong with everyone manifesting on thier own I guess, but hey, wheres the celebration???
Why doesnt the town of Yelm even have a decent Dance Hall, where live bands, Djs, "raves", etc, can happen as a Public extention of the RSE energy that always seemed to me like the base of a real happening community?. IN stead, its like, once out of the walls of school, the towns of Yelm, Rainier, are rather Boring socially. There are other small towns in America that are way more friendly to get stuck in.
Theres nothing but cars and the wide main street and even in the summer not much foot traffic...The local Park is a nice area, but you dont see Ramsters hanging out there alot..tho there is a skate park, smack next to the police station. IMO, theres more military/farmer/Christian presence everywhere, until one who knows, points out to one who doesnt, all the businesses in town that were opened by Ramsters.
Since Im an EX, I have alot of fun meeting other EXs or peopel who live here who SEEM like "enlightened" people, who never went to school. Theres a town called Tenino 13 miles away that has a campground IN TOWN where I have seen people living out of thier cars, right in the forest by the park.
But yeah, all the accomodations cost money. And retired, Fixed income, or industriously wealthy people make up alot of the locals who easily attend all events...besides those who scramble for $$$.
And compared to other parts of rural America, I personally think theres alot of work/money here, if you know what you want to do. Its NOT wilderness small town type area..and its growing fast..There are 4 stop lights, many fast food-- pizza joints..and great hardware stores.
The military community is also into self sufficiency, and everybody has Gardens.
Please, no one told me Id hear artillary and other bombs practicing from Fort Lewis, vibrating the windows at times, and generally, totally turning me off to the idea of owning a home within earshot of it. I justified the whole thing by Rams idea of "sleeping with the enemy" [my terms]..the way he once suggested we ought to get good at Remote Viewing the way our military is. I watch the horses in the meadows who dont seem to mind the bombs and such...

It can feel most depressing in the winters becasue everyone is on thier 5 acres, scattered throughout the prairie, and if you dont have a car, you better like biking, or live in town. There are some sweet spots now like the Blue Bottle coffee shop..and youd be amazed that the QFC grocery store is almost always barren of people while across the street the Safeway is like a Zoo. Ramsters flood QFC before events.
At the Beautiful Library, which is also a very sweet spot IMO, there is a video you can borrow the Yelm Chamber of Commerce made for newcomers. It starts out like a 1950s..show of all the lions club type things, the schools, etc...and then to my surprise, it Features the RSE SCHOOL, shows peopel doing archery, etc.....totally mainstreaming the school like its a normal part of Yelm. That was a trip!

As for all the remarks I hear about poor people in the woods, trailors etc...its my experience that, as a person who has lived this simply most of my adult life, its not an unusual way to live, in all parts of Americas rural areas. I know plenty of non Ramsters who "struggle" to get by financially, and a small trailor, off the grid, in the countryside, is not necessarily experienced as "poor". Maybe compared to the wealthy folks spreads next door, it seems absurd. But the gap between rich and poor see,s to be an issue no matter where you live these days. Also, getting Tahumo-like in lifestyle, is actually preferred for some people who like to live that way. many of us dont want the responsibility of a normal house, and all the comforts. Maybe its a hippie thing, an indian thing...

But yeah, JZ has no dorm rooms for temporary students...SHE DIDNT EVEN DONATE THE MONEY THAT WAS NEEDED TO KEEP THE MASTERS CENTER OPEN!!!!! IT sold out to become a CHURCH!!! IMO, that really took some light out of the town, when that place was lost. it was the closest thing to a Hostel, and gave some socializing support to visitors, and etc...
As for recieveing help from Ramsters, you may be lucky to meet someone who will house you on thier property in a simple way..as I did.. There are great people here too, who arent so money oriented.
But transport is an issue. There are long roads through the woods everywhere. Many clusters of "masters" 15-20 minutes out of town proper.
Hey, thank god JZ got rid of the groups and the tShirts they wore..you ALWAYS knew a RSE person by those symbols, some people wore them in town all the time {wink]. I was one of ht efew who didnt wear my shirt at events..it made me feel like a sheep..and then guilty as if I was too much proud of my "image", and wanted to "stand out".
If you come here Johnny, just take it lightly and have fun, and dont stay here unless you really like the area