Enlighten Me Free

Welcome.

Housekeeping: As is posted on the EMF Message Board page, this forum is for support, sharing opinions and experiences for those who have left RSE and have doubts and concerns about their tenure there. It is NOT a place for proselytizing for RSE, JZK Inc or Ramtha.  Play nicely or your post will be sent to cyberspace time-out for all eternity. The disclaimer for EMF is located on this page http://enlightenmefree.com/disclaimer.html and all posters agree to the terms of the disclaimer. Be sure you've read it before posting.

You may also want to visit a complementary forum at FACTNet http://www.factnet.org/discus/messages/3/779.html

If you wish to use a Spell Checker, you may wish to use this free one: http://www.jacuba.com/

Want to contact the EMF moderators? Email messageboard@enlightenmefree.com

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Did JZ use material from Vera Stanley Alder book?

There is fair use allowed with copywritten material but you'd had to read the copywrite laws to see just how much is allow. It's no problem giving a quote or two from a book; but printing full paragraphs of materials may be.
I believe they've tightened some of the fair use regulations around copywrites in recent years. Just do a google search on copywrite laws and you can get an accurate idea of current laws.

I'm giving MY OWN interpretation (review) of what I have read in the book. Perhaps I'll call it a Book Report ! I haven't really gotten into using much in the way of quotes, so I'm sure I'm "safe".

I do understand about "fair use", also. Thanks for the reminder.

Thanks, Whatcha! Most books, on the copyright page, tell what restrictions they have on the use of quotations. Some books allow the use of brief quotations in a review. Perhaps the book you own has a statement that would allow you to review the book for us (as you have started doing with your book report) and provide some brief quotations.

Considering the number of people reading on this site now, there are probably not enough inter-library loan copies available to accommodate everyone, let alone the time each person would have to wait for their copy, so you are providing a valuable service to this site. After hearing more about this book, people will be in a better position to decide whether to invest in a copy of their own, given the high price online.

Oh, I can't stand it. I was hasty in my typing and in re-reading, I see a number of blatant grammatical errors/typos. Oops.

Chapter 3 coming soon....this is the chapter when RAPHAEL appears to Vera....

In my opinion Vera Stanley Alder is a lukewarm storyteller. All of her books are "New Age" mishmash. The relevance of "From the Mundane to the Magnificent"
is the very obvious parallels to JZ. After all, wouldn't JZ say that even the title is fitting? Yup, cotton picker's daughter to self proclaimed world class channel. That's our girl!

The book is not worth owning but it sure is worth looking at. When "Ramtha" introduced the teaching of the BLUE BODY in 1993 it was presented as original and unique material. Ramtha the omnipotent one was giving his lost army a way to heal themselves of maladies physical, mental and emotional. Who wouldn't pay $1,000.00 to learn that? (The Blue Assay was held in 1993.) The BLUE BODY according to "Ramtha" is made of shimmering blue webs.

If the teaching of the BLUE BODY is original how could Alder have known and described shimmering blue webs in her book published in the 1930s? And the bigger question is how come JZ has it copyrighted?

Chapter 3
The Adventure Begins

Vera is alone in her bedroom in the evening, crying/praying desperately to know TRUTH. Once she stops the sobfest and sits up, lo and behold, she sees a tall, robed, bearded man named Raphael, standing in front her. He has come to show her truth.
Yes, SHOW her. He awakens clairvoyant sight within her, and takes her out of her body. He fine tunes her sight, so that she can see VARIOUS LEVELS of energy.

Raphael tells Vera that everything he shows her "will be strictly provable from the so-called scientific angle." (hmmm, this is 1940, folks)

The first level she is shown, is the phosphorescent, electric BLUE SPIDER WEBS that make up the body that fuels and develops the physical body. (hmmm....why is this sounding familiar? the book was far cheaper than a gazillion events, too...sigh...)

Raphael shows Vera yet another finer substance level of a person (herself), and it is like a fog-substance which is contained within A GREAT BIG SOAP BUBBLE THAT LOOKS LIKE A GLOBE. (hmmmm....here we go again)

He explains to her how emotions are matched with a color frequency, and how we are SUPPOSED TO have emotions, as that is how we experience others, fall in love, etc.

This is the gist of what unfolds in this chapter, the end of which, Vera is pulled back into her physical body, with the promise of another journey to much farther away, the following night, with Raphael.

Stay tuned !

It's odd that the book is so rare because the rest of Alder's books aren't. Maybe JZ bought them all???

Maybe. Or maybe the printing was of limited numbers. I don't know.

If it looks like a Duck and Quaks... YES it is a Duck

I have the book as well. Chapter 3 states as Whatcha states above, Vera's despair for truth so as to help the world. As to the blue webs, Vera was taken out of her body by the tall and bearded being who appeared to her in her bedroom. While out of her body, she was given deeper sight, to through her own body, surrounded by a phosphorecent blue glow. The closer she, now out of her body, came to her own body, which was now transparent to her, she saw the glow was not just a 'glow,' but a composition of "millions of tiny interlaced threads, fins as the finest spider's web." SHe further wrote each thread had a flowing of blue light, and described the body as a 'living cobweb.' This is the etheric body. She (Vera) further described how ALL things have this same blue webbing, trees, etc.

There is SO much in this book which mimics JR's supposed "copyrighted" teachings, I do not understand HOW these "teachings" can be copyrighted, and even paid for. Truth, if that's what it is, is for everyone at their given time.

Money. Money. Money.

My typing has become atrocious! I did not mean "fins" - I meant "fine blue phosphorescent webs." I have the same printing Whatcha has, 1979, New York. The book IS available. I bought it for $35. I DO wish to know truth and not be kept in ignorance - be it from a JR or any other source. Truth is hidden within, and we have somehow lost touch with it. But paying for it to make another a billionnaire? I don't think so.

"phosphorescent"-
that was a DIRECT teaching.
wow, I wonder if Vera can (or her descendants) sue?

I wonder if they even know!

Tree wrote:
*wow, I wonder if Vera can (or her descendants) sue?*

Ooh, the plot thickens! Wouldn't that be interesting?

I think it would be interesting to know, as well as interesting to watch it unfold and justice be served.

Just my two cents...

Vera also writes a good deal about "fairies" she was permitted to see....sounding quite familiar!

Just another 'book report.' Alder wrote, speaking to the being who appeared to her after a 'tour' of an atom within the body, "Today you show me to myself as a god." Again and again in the book, I'm reading this being Adler calls Raphael, tells her we are gods and deities. Alder also writes about 'becoming very tiny' - something JR professes to do when she channels. Rapheal also informs Alder "the mind is a powerful electrical iinstrument, very like a wireless set." More: "You can tune in to any expression of life that you wish" "Whatever you wish to reach with your mind you can" One more: "through meditation -one-pointed concentration of the mind, you can discover all you wish to know' and "through meditation you can train your HIGHER mind (which few people use) to achieve crative thought and tune into 'heaven.' Alder then asks 'what IS heaven?" and Raphael responds, "If I were to tell you it is the mind of God--or rather a reflection of it--" Raphael also informs Alder of "vibrations" and the mind is akin to a television in that you see things nearest to your heart because of your resonance with it.

Now I KNOW, I was THERE - when JR told us specifically - "REMEMBER, I AM THE ONLY ONE WHO TELLS YOU, YOU ARE A GOD." Here, in the 1930's, Alder writes of this having been informed by Raphael.

Did JR read Alder and base teachings - or literally lift Alder's words off the pages and use them without due credit to Alder? Oh my my my.

Where are Alder's relatives? People search, anyone?

This is all sounding very familiar to me -- I'm thinking we had this book and I tried to read it when I was growing up, but found it boring and couldn't hang with it.... Kind of dry style??... I just packed up all of our books, otherwise I'd look through and see if I could find it... The thing is, even if we had it and my mother had read it years ago and noticed the similarities now between this story and JZ, knowing her, she'd just rationalize the similarities in her head, and somehow that would translate to her as making it "more true".. if that makes sense... Not that that's necessarily relevant to the current thread, just kind of talking out loud here... Interesting.

I think there may been too much value placed on the Vera Stanley Alder books as a source for JZ's system. It would not surpirse me at all that JZ read her stuff but Vera's books smack of earlier occult teachings from the 19th century recycled through Max Heindel's Rosicrucian Cosmo Conception.
http://www.rosicrucian.com/rcc/rcceng00.htm
using "7" levels is common in occultism:
http://www.rosicrucian.com/images/rccen002.gif
and this is about wine:
http://www.rosicrucian.com/rcc/rcceng04.htm#part1

Joe

btw, please do not think I am advocating anything Heindel wrote. Typical of channelers he creates an interesting, ever unfolding and elaborate system that seems precise in his own head that no one else sees or can see as he does---this is classic schizophrenia.
Not everyone with that disorder is dysfunctional, so I am not inferring that he had a complete break with reality.

Joe