Enlighten Me Free

Welcome.

Housekeeping: As is posted on the EMF Message Board page, this forum is for support, sharing opinions and experiences for those who have left RSE and have doubts and concerns about their tenure there. It is NOT a place for proselytizing for RSE, JZK Inc or Ramtha.  Play nicely or your post will be sent to cyberspace time-out for all eternity. The disclaimer for EMF is located on this page http://enlightenmefree.com/disclaimer.html and all posters agree to the terms of the disclaimer. Be sure you've read it before posting.

You may also want to visit a complementary forum at FACTNet http://www.factnet.org/discus/messages/3/779.html

If you wish to use a Spell Checker, you may wish to use this free one: http://www.jacuba.com/

Want to contact the EMF moderators? Email messageboard@enlightenmefree.com

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Another Interesting site on cults

Hey everyone,

Typed, on Google "ramtha scams" and came across this website www.guruphiliac.org which says many similiar things as people on this website. We are not alone - found the site quite hilarious

boy! this spirituality/new age scams must be the biggest money maker this century!!! I have always not felt quite right with many of new age gurus/authors etc and getting sucked into RSE was the biggest lesson for me in trusting my inner guidance and ridding myself of spiritual arrogance - Whew! sure glad I got out of it. I feel like a brand new person these days

Re: Another Interesting site on cults

Marching on within
Thank you for the link..

There is certainly some “enlightening” information to be found on
www.guruphiliac.org
Reminds me of my Guru days..

Perhaps this thread would be a good starting point to talk about previous cults that some of us may have been caught up in before RSE.

Yes… I confess that I was a cult hopper..
I was a member of Divine Light Mission DLM from 1973- 1988, DLM is led by the so called boy guru.. Guru Maharaji, he proclaimed himself the “Lord of the universe” at the age of 13, kissing his “lotus” feet was a common practice with his devotees.. we were called premies.
I lived in a DLM ashram in London for many years.. I actually met a few former DLM members in RSE.
This was our pledge of allegiance to Guru Maharaji..

'Oh my Guru Maharaji, I dedicate myself to your lotus feet. I am weak and ignorant and am filled with the impurities of this world.
Oh Guru Maharaji, please take my mind and purge me of the impurities I possess. Reveal to me the knowledge of all knowledge.
Strengthen me, uplift me and reveal the kingdom of heaven within inside of me.
Bring me from hate to love, from darkness to light, death to immortality.
I will OBEY you implicitly and will never reveal this knowledge to anyone for any reason.
I will keep in contact with you through my DEVOTIONAL LOVE, satsang,meditation and service.
Thank you my LORD for everything.'

The inner sanctum of DLM jostled for position at Maharaji’s “lotus feet”, This was always a challenge because he would gallivant around the world in his private jet and Rolls-Royce..Guru Maharaji eventually changed his name to Prem Rawat… he now operates a slick new-age cult called “Elan Vital”
Former members of the DLM cult are speaking out to expose this egocentric sociopath.
Link.. http://www.ex-premie.org/

The sad irony with my involvement in this new age madness… is to witness sincere seekers of “enlightenment” denigrated and corrupted ever deeper into JZ Knight’s RSE fantasy world of grandeur and greed…
The very same practices I experience within DLM,
and my ex… “Lord of the Universe”.

Yep..Marching..

”Whew! sure glad I got out of it. I feel like a brand new person these days”

Chuckle..

David.

Sir David and MarchingOn,

Great info and posts ! Thank you for your candor, David.

In the book, Take Back Your Life: Recovering from Cults and Abusive Relationships by Janja Lalich(a GREAT after-the-cult-experience read a friend gave me), the author mentions that most people who get involved "searching" in cults, will go to several of them over the course of a lifetime.

I'm also "guilty" of doing that. However, I did so concurrently with my "time" at RSE. Despite that students were threatened with expulsion and being unwelcome if they sought out another "teacher", I did so, anyway. I also attended and/or listened to the teachings of Lazaris (Jach Pursel), and read probably hundreds of New Age books, many including E.C. Prophet's books on Ascended Masters and ascension topics. The green I AM books by Godfrey Ray King. Some of Sai Baba's and Ammachi's books. Oh, much more. I had quite the library. I was busy !

I was genuinely searching. But, FOR MYSELF, I found the discrepancies between all of them, and that caused me, early on, to always stay a step back, because that nagged at me. One said Lemuria sank into the sea, and another said it did NOT. What ?? So, it was a blessing that I heard these things, because collectively, they raised red flags.

My vulnerability was that, because I am quite intuitive myself, I knew that within that tangled web of lies and manipulation, some truth prevailed. Thanks to the abusive trends in RSE, (verbally, emotionally, mentally, and even physically), that I witnessed especially in more recent years, that pushed me out the door. Enough was enough. I cringed when I experienced others being assaulted on some level, with no respect for their dignity or privacy.
Yet, all the while expecting such respect and dignity in return (you best honor Ramtha/JZ but don't think they owe that to YOU, you "wretched creature"). Then, when I had the blessing of being attacked, myself, it was the beginning of the end for me.

The end of bondage of the mind, and onward to today, and the freedom of MY LIFE.

Talking about Guru days David.

Years and years ago... when I was younger and in fact, was quite good looking blond with a good body... I went to many of these Gurus.

What did I find.

Almost everyone of these guys... at some point wanted to go to bed with me in the NAME of SHATKI Transferrance.

No Thank You.

Thank God I was AWAKE and AWARE enought in those days to see a sexual preditor with my own eyes.

Smile.

Gosh... I could write a book if I could spell better...LOL.

AKA - write your book and that goes for all of you who have been in the school for 10,15,20 years - may even be a best seller and you will perhaps triple (or more) all the money spent on these cults. People love to read about other's real life experiences. And it would make a great movie too.........