~ BIGGLESWADE ATHLETIC CLUB FORUM ~

As this message board can be viewed by anyone, anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

~ BIGGLESWADE ATHLETIC CLUB FORUM ~
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Schools Cross-Country Relays - Volunteers required

This is the 21st year of the Schools Cross-Country Relays hosted by Biggleswade AC. This is a free event for the local schools to compete in, with the fastest team and the fastest runner in each race, getting medals.

I have changed the routes for this years’ event and I am now including races for school years 4, so should make the event bigger and a new challenge for those that have competed on the old routes.

Biggleswade AC organise this event for the local school children to get into running and also take part in a fun event. Last year 204 children took part in the event and I am expecting similar number, if not more this year. Currently 46 teams are entered, which equates to 138 children.

This years’ event is being held on Wednesday 28th February at Rowney Warren, Chicksands as normal.

I need some help on the day in order for the event to be as successful as it has been in the past. In total I will need at least 11 people on the day. The jobs that I need help with are setting up the course / start / finish areas, marshalling and position recorders.

Set up will start at 11:30am, which I will need 4 people for and I will need people for the other jobs from 1pm. The event will have been finished and packed up by 4pm.

I know this is on a week day and most people will be at work, but if you can help out, please add your name to this forum thread.

Thanks

Re: Schools Cross-Country Relays - Volunteers required

We have chatted on this

I can leave at 12.15 so can be with you from 12.30 ish

Happy to set up finish and start and my usual starter, chief duties

Damo, As already discussed I am able to assist all day, and can arrive as early as needed.

I will be there.

Always a pleasure count me in,from 12 if that helps

Hi Mate

unfortunately i would love to help but last day of month is important in the motor trade so unlikely i could get it off

Neilh

I can help from 11.30

Damo

I should be able to make this for 1pm

Colin

Thank you to those that have offered to help so far.

Currently up to 59 teams entered now with just under 2 weeks to go before the entry deadline.

I will send out details of roles for the day, week commencing 19 February.