~ BIGGLESWADE ATHLETIC CLUB FORUM ~

As this message board can be viewed by anyone, anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

~ BIGGLESWADE ATHLETIC CLUB FORUM ~
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Oakley 20 – 18 March 2018

Hi All

I have received the below from the Race Director of the Oakley 20 race. I appreciate we have called for Marshals quite a lot recently with the Cross Country events and shortly the call for help with the Sandy 10 will also go out. Can I ask you to prioritise offering your help at our own events over other clubs? That said, if you are wanting to/available to help out at the Oakley 20 please respond on this thread with your name and email address and I will pass your information over to Chris.

Oakley 20 – 18 March 2018

I am the Oakley 20 Race Director, and have been authorised to write to you by the Bedford Harriers Committee.

I am working on next year’s race scheduled for 18 March 2018 and for various reasons is to be held a little earlier than I would want. It also clashes with the Grizzly, which is an event that many Harriers enter, enjoy and spend the weekend in the Seaton South Devon area. We certainly don’t want to discourage participation in the Grizzly, but this clash does reduce the numbers of potential volunteers available for the Oakley 20 in 2018.

As Race Director I need ensure that we have sufficient volunteers on the day and therefore I am exploring various options to find willing and able people to help on the day.

One option, hence my letter to you, is to see whether there are members of your Club who would be interested in volunteering to support us in putting on another great event.

I can offer parking, refreshments and a coveted Oakley 20 hoodie all for free for each volunteer. All I would expect in return is that the volunteers are available to attend the briefing, normally at 9am and that they commit to volunteering until they are stood down , normally at 2pm at the latest (race cut off is 4 hours).

I am not looking for firm commitments now, but firstly are you as a Club happy to support us in Oakley 20 2018, and if you are, an indication of the sorts of numbers who think at present that would be interested in volunteering with us?

If you are happy to help us then we would use the numbers of volunteers with those we already have to plan further so we have a full compliment on the day.

We would then get in touch during January 2018 to firm up numbers and requesting names and contract details so that we can populate our volunteer slots with people.

I hope this is self explanatory and you are able to support us in Oakley 20 2018. I am happy to attend you Committee or other group to discuss if you require further information .

Yours Sincerely

Chris Capps

Race Director

Re: Oakley 20 – 18 March 2018

An Oakley hoodie without having to run 20 miles?! I’m in!
My email address is georgia.b72@virginmedia.com

I can do this; amyestamp@gmail.com

I don't mind helping out on this.

nicktjhaworth@gmail.com

Nick

Thanks for your support, its unfortunate that dates clash and am aware you as a Club have your own need for volunteers. If anyone wants to get in touch my email as a reminder is chriscapps2@aol.com.

Thanks once again

Chris