~ BIGGLESWADE ATHLETIC CLUB FORUM ~

As this message board can be viewed by anyone, anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

~ BIGGLESWADE ATHLETIC CLUB FORUM ~
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Round Norfolk Relay

I have had the below email through concerning Round Norfolk Relay (RNR). If anyone feels that they can help or know of anyone that could help out with the race at all, please ask them to contact the organisers of RNR.

Preparations are now under way for the 2018 race, to be held on 15-16th September, and team entries will opening at the beginning of April next.

I'm sure you are aware that the 2018 race will be Neville Knights' last as race director and despite recent efforts we currently have no-one lined up to step into Neville's shoes. Furthermore we organised the 2017 race without a course manager or safety officer. This was a far from satisfactory situation - as race organisers we have a responsibilty to ensure that participants can navigate their way round the course in safety!

Accordingly the committee require a new race director to be in place by November 2018, ideally someone who will be able to shadow Neville during the run up to the 2018 race. In addition we are also looking for someone to act as an assistant to the race director and also two further persons to take on the roles of course manager and safety officer. It is with this in mind that we are contacting you to ask if you or any member of your club would be willing to either take on or help us with these tasks.

The downside of us not being able to fill any of these positions is simply that 2018 will be the last running of this iconic event.

If you are able to help please contact either myself at admin@roundnorfolkrelay.com or Neville on nevilleknights@yahoo.co.uk

Kind Regards

Tom Salway - RNR Admin