~ BIGGLESWADE ATHLETIC CLUB FORUM ~

As this message board can be viewed by anyone, anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

Forum: ~ BIGGLESWADE ATHLETIC CLUB FORUM ~
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
Autumn/Winter Awaydays

Does anyone fancy hosting an awayday in September, October, November, January, February or March?

We normally hold them on a Tuesday evening starting at 7pm at a suitable pub for after-run refreshments. Please bear in mind that unless you can do one in the first half of September, you will need to choose a place that has 4-6 miles of reasonably well lit roads.

In the past we've used places such as Biggleswade, Potton, Bedford, Baldock, St Neots, Shefford and Henlow, but we could go elsewhere if you can think if somewhere that's not too distant (and has a decent pub!)

Post on here if you want to host one, including the month if you have a preference.

Re: Autumn/Winter Awaydays

Happy to do St Neots again.
There's a nice new drinking establishment - The ALE House

Happy to do Baldock again.

I could do Letchworth. Not September or October though please

I don't mind organising one round Biggleswade.

Nick

I did used to run a reasonable route that was fully lit in Gamlingay, would involve repeating a figure of 8 loop to get the distance in, but I can look at it if you want? The pub there has quite good parking, just not sure how good the pub is anymore!

Thanks to those who have responded so far.
Any other suggestions?

Thanks for your replies and suggestions. Here's my initial thoughts:-

12 Sept - Biggleswade - Nick (still enough light to go off-road and could go to The Crown?)

10 Oct - Gamlingay - Jan (if you don't think there's a suitable pub, your or I could host a run at Bedford or somewhere else)

14 Nov - Letchworth - Vicky

16 Jan - St Neots - Nigel

20 Feb - Baldock - Ian

20 Mar - Potton (I'll see if Mark will do his street orienteering!)

I'm happy to change things if these dates don't work. Please email me if you prefer - gazb26@gmail.com

14th November is fine with me. It will be from the Three Horseshoes in Norton (on the north end of Letchworth).

I've wondered about doing one in Hitchin, although admittedly I'm working backwards from pubs I know as opposed to running routes I like. Will have a look and a think with Roo. Some good challenging hills to be had round those parts.

Quote: Stu G (the other one)
I've wondered about doing one in Hitchin, although admittedly I'm working backwards from pubs I know as opposed to running routes I like. Will have a look and a think with Roo. Some good challenging hills to be had round those parts.

Stu,

Sorry for the late reply. We're pretty much sorted for awaydays for the next 6 months or so (as listed above), but if anyone drops out we could try Hitchin. Please suggest it when we are looking at the next batch of awaydays for late Spring/Summer 2018.

Only just seen this and see I am a bit late anyway, but remember discussing with you route around Arlesey. If you do need a replacement I can look at it again.

Quote: Charlie A
Only just seen this and see I am a bit late anyway, but remember discussing with you route around Arlesey. If you do need a replacement I can look at it again.

Charlie, thanks and yes, if anyone drops out we can consider Arlesey. It seems a long way off, but sounds like a possible venue for Spring/Summer 2018!