~ BIGGLESWADE ATHLETIC CLUB FORUM ~

As this message board can be viewed by anyone, anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

Forum: ~ BIGGLESWADE ATHLETIC CLUB FORUM ~
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
Mini Bees is back!

Once again we will be running our very popular athletic training sessions for children between the ages of 6 to 8 years old – affectionately known as the 'Mini Bees' group.

The sessions will be held at the athletics track in Sandy (within the grounds of Sandy Upper School) and will take place every Wednesday from 12th July until the 27th September. Sessions start at 5.30pm and finish at 6.30pm.

The programme will cost £25 for 12 sessions, or £2.50 per session.

The proposed training schedule will be:-

Week 1 – Short Sprints
Week 2 – Long Jump
Week 3 – Endurance (no longer than 400m)
Week 4 – High Jump
Week 5 – Small Hurdles
Week 6 – Throws (Soft Shot and Discus)

All sessions will start with simple athletic drills and finish with a warm down. It is a six week programme that will be repeated, so that they have the opportunity to do everything twice.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Because the children are under 8 years old, parents/guardians will be required to be in attendance for the full hour.

Any questions, speak to Sonia or Mandie.

Spread the word.

Re: Mini Bees is back!

Hi Jules
Think I've persuaded my 6yr old grandson to try the mini bees.....do we just turn up?
Thanks
Annie

Annie
Look forward to seeing you,

Come along tomorrow, if you can

Just turn up

Thanks David, fingers crossed!

Sorry, Zac decided not to come tonight but I will keep trying as he really enjoys athletics at school andI'm sure the Mini Bees will help boost his confidence.
Hope to see you soon