~ BIGGLESWADE ATHLETIC CLUB FORUM ~

As this message board can be viewed by anyone, anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

Forum: ~ BIGGLESWADE ATHLETIC CLUB FORUM ~
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
Greensand Ridge Relay Latest

Firstly if anyone interested we have a space in the team for anyone familiar with stage 4 in one of our 2 teams owing to an injury.
Otherwise I (or Rob?) will be doing 2 stages!

Thank you Kathryn, Paul & Charlie for stepping in last weekend owing to other injuries.

Juliet & I will take both our cars so we should be able to shuttle people from the end of their stage back to their car for both teams.
If anyone has any transport issues please let me know.

Good Luck everyone!

An update from the organisers:
If you have looked at the website recently (http://www.smoc.info/GSRR) you will have seen we have a capacity entry this year – 45 teams and 14 soloists! We also have a great competition in all the categories, with 8 all-ladies teams and 16 mixed teams too.

Here are the last-minute details and requests – Please make sure all your team are aware of these.

We will be using the electronic timing again this year, but there is a key difference. Instead of the thumb-mounted “Dibber”, the relay baton is a small e-Card, about 5cm square. It comes on a wrist loop which you can use if you want, but however you choose to carry it – keep it secure. When a runner finishers his/her leg he/she presses the card against the electronic timing unit held or indicated by the change-over marshal, before passing on to the next runner. It’s very important that you do this carefully enough to get a “Beep” and a Flash from the unit, so try not to rush it too much. If anyone is not familiar with the equipment, just ask the marshal at your leg start.

Each team and solo runner will have a race number. The team number is a simple 2-digit team number, with no leg prefix or suffix. Numbers are listed below. All team members wear the same number. Having a number makes it a little simpler for change-over marshals to keep track of teams passing through. Runners are asked to check in and collect their number from the change-over marshal at the start of their leg. So it is important that all team members know their team number, or at least team name. Solo runners’ numbers are 3 digits and collected at the start.

As usual we will be operating fixed cut-off times at the changeovers. If any incoming runners have yet to arrive at a change-over by the indicated time, the respective outgoing runners will be started regardless. The outgoing runners will be given a new e-Card for recording times for the rest of the race. The overlap time will be added to the team’s final race time. Please adjust your leg start estimates for the later legs to the times below if you have calculated them as later than the cut-offs, and let your team members know.

Cut-Off times are:
Stockgrove Leg 2 start 13:30
Woburn Leg 3 start 14:00
Millbrook Leg 4 start 15:15
Deadman’s Hill Leg 5 start 16:00
Deadman’s X Leg 6 start 16:45

At the time of writing there are no known issues with the route – footpath closures etc.

Parking and road safety update:

Stockgrove: We have use of the adjacent field for short term parking. Please do not leave cars in the field for later collection. We have to lock the gate when the change-over closes, so you’ll have difficulty getting out.

Woburn: As always, do NOT park on the approach to the changeover and fire-station. The free car park opposite the church in Woburn village is the best bet.

Millbrook: We have permission to park in the visitors car park, just inside the Millbrook proving ground entrance and to the left. Please use this in preference to the roadside verges.

Deadman’s Cross: (Leg 5/6 change-over): Definitely NO Parking at the changeover itself – we have permission to use the car park of “Gigi’s” Italian restaurant just 400m to the south on the main road. Please use it.

I hope as many runners and supporters will come to the Crown in Northill afterwards, for well-earned refreshment and the prize-giving. Once again the pub has agreed to put on a barbecue in the garden to feed us. And they have promised to put on extra bar staff to shorten the queues.

Let me know of any last minute team-changes, and if you have any questions. Otherwise I look forward to seeing you ‘”on the Ridge” on Saturday.

Re: Greensand Ridge Relay Latest

PS The team numbers:
Running Llamas: 13
Running Alpacas: 32

Happy(?!) to do both stages 3 & 4 if needed. Stage 3 for Alpacas and stage 4 for the llamas *should* give me a bit of a break in between.

Rob

the other option is for me to run for whichever team arrives at stage 3 first. It should give me a well needed headstart on Cookie and I'll take over from him at stage 4.

Rob

will be there for about 12.15.

Hi Rob. I'd like to stick to doing stage 4 for the llamas as that's the one Ian and I checked out last weekend. Thanks.

I thought stage 4 was the same for all teams?

Rob

To save any confusion, I'll run stage 3 and 4 for the Alpacas.

Rob

Sorry Rob, I just meant stage 4 rather than any other stage or I'll get lost!! :-)

It would've just meant you running stage 4 for the Alpacas rather than the Llamas - as I say though, to save any confusion I'll carry on onto stage 4 direct.

Rob

Sorry, so slow on the uptake this morning, I get it now!!! Whatever is best.

Copy of post to Biggleswade AC members page for those not on Facebook:

Thanks to all those taking part in the Greensand Ridge Relay today in what were exceptionally hot conditions. Well Done everyone, Nigel, Juliet, Helen, Paul, Rob, Kathryn, Simon, Charlie, Sarah-Jane & Damien especially Rob & Paul for both doing 2 legs including the longest. Thanks also to Ed, Juliet, Amy & Joanne for their support manning the changeover at Dead Mans Cross, by all accounts a good refreshment stop that I unfortunately missed while on logistics. The results aren't on the SMOC website yet but I'll let you know when they are.

Results are now up:

http://www.smoc.info/GSRR/results.shtml