~ BIGGLESWADE ATHLETIC CLUB FORUM ~

As this message board can be viewed by anyone, anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

Forum: ~ BIGGLESWADE ATHLETIC CLUB FORUM ~
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
Running shoe advice needed

Hi
I have just joined the Club and was hoping for some advice on the best place to buy new running shoes please.
Previously I have used Advance Performance in Cambridge.

Thanks
Luci :)

Re: Running shoe advice needed

Hi Luci, welcome to Biggleswade AC.

I'm a big fan of Advance Performance; the staff there are always extremely helpful and knowledgeable, but it is a bit of a trek.

I thought I'd seen somewhere that the new RunnersNeed store (which is going to be part of the new Cotswold Outdoors store that is due to open soon on the Biggleswade retail park) will have gait analysis, and the club is hoping to negotiate a discount for Biggleswade AC members, so this might be a more viable option for most members.

Luci

I believe the new outdoor shop in Biggleswade could be a few weeks yet before it opens , if you need to get some new shoes before then you could try ARO Sports in Hitchen they always offered gait analysis and give a 10% discount to members of Biggleswade AC . I suggest you ring them first to check this before you go there , their phone number is 01462 420292

Quote: Colin Harries
Luci

I believe the new outdoor shop in Biggleswade could be a few weeks yet before it opens , if you need to get some new shoes before then you could try ARO Sports in Hitchen they always offered gait analysis and give a 10% discount to members of Biggleswade AC . I suggest you ring them first to check this before you go there , their phone number is 01462 420292

I'm sure Aro Sports is no longer, Colin, at least I cant seem to find any details or opening times. Do you mean Elite Sports - they are on Hermitage Road?

Jules

You could be right, one of the Couch to 5K runners was telling me that she had a gait check at Aro sports and I took that to mean they were still there, but I suggested she rang first , I am not familiar with the other shop in Hitchen

Colin

Although it is also a trek (unless you work that way) Up & Running in Milton Keynes have a good reputation.