~ BIGGLESWADE ATHLETIC CLUB FORUM ~

As this message board can be viewed by anyone, anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

Forum: ~ BIGGLESWADE ATHLETIC CLUB FORUM ~
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
Club Invitational Evening Run Tuesday June 6th 2017

Dear All if you are intending to join Ampthill and Flitwick Flyers on this run could you write on the thread below so that I can let them know numbers.

Thank you

Ampthill and Flitwick Flyers Running Club Invitational Evening run – Tuesday June 6th 2017 @ 7pm Flitwick Football Centre

Once again it gives us great pleasure to invite you and your Club Members to join us for the annual Ampthill and Flitwick Flyers Running Club Invitation Evening run, which this year will be held on Tuesday 6th June 2017. Runners are asked to meet at the football centre by 6.45pm with runs starting at 7pm. The address is;-

Flitwick Football club, Ampthill Road, Flitwick, Bedfordshire, MK45 1BA.

From the A6: Follow A507 to the roundabout between Flitwick & Ampthill.
From the M1 (J12): Follow A5120 through Westoning, through Flitwick & towards Ampthill

The club is directly opposite the shell petrol station and has a large car park. If that fills, there is overflow parking at Redbourne Upper School (a short jog over the bridge next to the roundabout) but we shouldn't need to use it. Shower facilities will be available after the run.

We are looking forward to showing off our lovely trails in and around the area including Ampthill Park, Flitwick Moor and a loop around the new Centre Parcs which offers a few challenging hills. We have organised a number of runs of varying distances and speeds to suit all standards of runners. We will also have different groups to suit all abilities, with the shortest being around 4 miles and the longest around 9 miles. Those that have joined us before will know that the runs are predominantly off road through the local parkland, woodland and beautiful countryside.

We hope you will be able to join us in the clubhouse bar following the run, for food and drinks where they will be available for a nominal charge.

Would you please share this with your members and ideally let us have a rough idea of the numbers of runners attending so we can cater accordingly. If you have any queries please contact either of the contacts below.

With kindest regards
Paul Owen
Club Chairman
Chairman@AFFRunningclub.org.uk

Rebecca Fleckney
Club Secretary
Secretary@AFFRunningclub.org.uk

Re: Club Invitational Evening Run Tuesday June 6th 2017

I will be there

Can i encourage all to take part

I did it last year AND they were very friendly especially as i was the only non flitwick flyers runner

They will probably go to Ampthill park which is really nice

It was quite a laugh as the lead runner got us lost last year!!

Still good fun despite getting soaking wet

And there is food and drinks afterwards

Have a go

Neilh

I'm going to go. I think it's a great idea. I have one extra seat in my car if anyone wants to share; going from Sandy

Hello,

Those that are going please can you let me know. Sorry last minute so I can give information to the the club.

I will be leaving Sandy 6.10pm if anyone needs a lift.

Juliet G

Hi Juliet

I'd be interested in attending - could I have a lift?

Many thanks

Corinne

Hi Corinne
Yep that's fine. I'll messagner you with time will pick you up in Sutton.

Hope you guys had a great time

I am gutted i missed it this year

But i feel really rough unfortunately

Neilh