~ BIGGLESWADE ATHLETIC CLUB FORUM ~

As this message board can be viewed by anyone, anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

Forum: ~ BIGGLESWADE ATHLETIC CLUB FORUM ~
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
Greensand Ridge Relay 2017

This year’s Greensand Ridge Relay takes place on 17th June with entries due now. This event has proved popular in the past and we have typically entered 3 teams (thinking is that we should be able to enter 3 teams this year, maybe 1 mixed, 1 ladies and a men only Old Gits team). These can be organised over the next month or 2 as names are not needed at this stage but I would like a rough idea of numbers interested so that I know how many teams to enter and pay for. Entries opened this weekend and half have been taken already so I will pay for 2 teams now and enter a third as soon as we appear to have the numbers.
The event is organised by South Midlands Orienteering Club and starts in Leighton Buzzard, with the finish at Northill Church / The Crown pub.
The 6 stages last year were as follows:
1. Waterside Park (Leighton Buzzard) to Stockgrove – 5.6 miles
2. Stockgrove to Woburn – 3.9 miles
3. Woburn to Millbrook – 9.1 miles
4. Millbrook to Deadman’s Hill – 5.7 miles
5. Deadman’s Hill to Deadman’s Cross – 5.4 miles
6. Deadman’s Cross to Northill Church – 4.7 miles
The time to complete each stage is based on the individual’s gender and age, which then provides an estimated time which is provided by the organisers.
More details can be found on the Greensand Ridge Relay website (www.smoc.info/GSRR):
Note that entrants need to ensure that they recce the route before the event as it is not marshalled and there are generally no route markers. I will confirm the teams by mid-May at the latest, so you have time to go out and recce your stage.
Please add your name to the thread below if you are interested in taking part. £5 entry fee confirms your place in one of the teams.
Thanks, Ian

Re: Greensand Ridge Relay 2017

Hi Ian,

Im interested in being part of a team. I know stage 3 and stage 6

i'm interested in being in the girlies team.

Hi Guys

Yep count me in again

I did Woburn to Millbrook last year,and happy to do it again, but happy to do any

Thanks

Neil

I'm up to run a leg.
Any one bar leg 3 - the long one.

I'd be interested in taking part.

Sarah

Yes please, I know stages 1,2 & 4

I'm interested, have done stage 6 and some others, can't remember which ones though!

Hi Ian,

I would like to run - know the route well so could do any leg, although I always get lost in the woods at Rushmere.

I will also be a bit tired after a race a week before, so best in a team who don't want to win!

Any more runners wish to come and run please contact Ian

It ends up at the Crown Pub in Northill

We currently have 9 runners who have put their names forward for this:
Damo, Neil H, Juliet G, Nigel, Sarah-J S, Simon, Deb, Mel and Ian G so we still need another 3 members to complete the two teams entered. If interested please add your name below. Apologies if anyone has verbally expressed an interest at a club meeting and I’ve forgotten.
I need to allocate runners to stages soon in order for people to have time to recce their stage before the event so would be grateful for early responses.
Thanks, Ian

Hi Ian

I will give you my fiver when i see you next

Thanks

Neilh

Rob said he is happy to do any stage

Hi I will be around that weekend now so could do one of the stages. Not too long please.

Green Ridge Relay next week. Contact Ian regarding which stage you are doing.

Hi All,

Apologies for the late notice (have been holding out for a sixth lady to make up the ladies team). Please see below for the two teams (Running Llamas [RL] and Running Alpacas [RA]) and stage allocations:

1. Waterside Park to Stockgrove – 5.6 miles ------- RL:Juliet, RA:Ian
2. Stockgrove to Woburn – 3.9 miles --------------- RL:Helen, RA:Nigel
3. Woburn to Millbrook – 9.1 miles ------------------ RL:Mel, RA:Rob
4. Millbrook to Deadman’s Hill – 5.7 miles ---------- RL:Rob(reserve), RA:Simon
5. Deadman’s Hill to Deadman’s Cross – 5.4 miles ---RL:Deb, RA:Neil
6. Deadman’s Cross to Northill Church – 4.7 miles -- RL:Sarah, RA:Damo

Deb, hope stage 5 is ok for you – had you in stage 6 but Sarah has an earlier engagement so needed a late start. Let me know if this is a problem and I’ll have a re-think. If we don’t get a lady for stage 4 then it will be better logistically if Simon and Rob swap teams for stage 4.

Please could you all e-mail me your date of birth at ian@jacaranda.uk.com so that the handicaps can be calculated.

Thanks, Ian

Here are the teams as submitted following some substitutions owing to injuries.

Running Alpacas:
Leg Start Location, Runner, Start, Handicap Time (Hrs:Mins)
1 Waterside Park, Ian Grimwood, 12:08, 00:52
2 Stockgrove, Nigel Bush, 13:00, 00:39
3 Woburn, Robert Morgan, 13:39, 01:13
4 Millbrook, Neil Harvey, 14:52, 00:51
5 Deadman's Hill, Simon Strong, 15:43, 00:43
6 Deadman's Cross, Damien Pitts, 16:26, 00:34
The Crown 17:00

Running Llamas:
Leg Start Location, Runner, Start, Handicap Time (Hrs:Mins)
1 Waterside Park, Juliet Grimwood, 11:45, 00:51
2 Stockgrove, Helen Kapur, 12:36, 00:45
3 Woburn, Paul Cooke, 13:21, 01:13
4 Millbrook, Kathryn Juty, 14:34, 00:56
5 Deadman's Hill, Charles Arnold, 15:30, 00:51
6 Deadman's Cross, Sarah-Jane Seaman, 16:21, 00:39
The Crown 17:00

Please note that the estimated start times are based upon the handicap times allocated by the organisers base3d upon age and gender and therefore will, in reality, vary from those given. I will be in touch by text/phone/messenger later to make sure everyone is sorted for transport.

Ian