Return to Website

Beachwood Canyon Neighborhood Association

This Forum is about You and Your Neighborhood. Here's the place to express your thoughts, ideas and concerns about our beautiful Beachwood Canyon.

Beachwood Canyon Neighborhood Association
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: HELP! Telephone Service!

Hi Kelli,

I had Cingular when I first moved back to the neighborhood 9 years ago, but I had to change because I found myself doing your same dance out on the street trying to use my phone! I have had Verizon for the past years and haven't had any trouble at all sending or receiving calls since I switched to them.

Hope this helps.

Re: Re: HELP! Telephone Service!

both the BCNA & HHA have opposed cell towers in our community. sprint has put some up against our objections on some of the phone poles under a state law that allows them to do so regardless of community or local government objections. we suggested that the city allow the cell phone companies to share a single transmiter above all the canyons so that the coverage would reach into the canyon low spots and so that there would not be any high radiative power exposure for anyone such as is the case with the phone pole transmitters. however, sprint opted for the phone pole transmitters as is characteristic for anone who is given unjust power over another. i cancelled my sprint long distance service in protest to their heavy-handed action.

Re: Re: Re: HELP! Telephone Service!

Hi George,
Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. I will quietly support you in your stand. NO SPRINT! Hmmm...back to the drawing board. -KL