Return to Website

Beachwood Canyon Neighborhood Association

This Forum is about You and Your Neighborhood. Here's the place to express your thoughts, ideas and concerns about our beautiful Beachwood Canyon.

Beachwood Canyon Neighborhood Association
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Demolition @ 2620 N. BEACHWOOD DR.

Hi there. I moved into 2620 N. Beachwood Dr. in May, have spent several thousand dollars to bring the property to marginally rental conditions. THINK: Rats, non-working appliances, unsafe structure in back , no landscaping, needs paint inside and out, unsafe electrical, termite damage, I pay all water/sewer/garbage etc... only to hear the owners are planning to demolish it, and cut into that beautiful mountainside.They are planning to subdivide the property into thirds.

Does anyone know if their permit has been approved?
I absolutely LOVE living here, and plan on contributing to this community whole-heartedly.
In fact, I feel I already have contributed a little to the community already by simply loving and nuturing this home. This house was built in 1924, and was previously owned by Charles Darwin's grandaughter. Doesnt that count for something? Do we just let them heartlessly bulldoze down another chunk of history? Now, I am a full supporter of making a dollar, but at what cost? I wish to live here forever.

Any thoughts? Any news?