Return to Website

Beachwood Canyon Neighborhood Association

This Forum is about You and Your Neighborhood. Here's the place to express your thoughts, ideas and concerns about our beautiful Beachwood Canyon.

Beachwood Canyon Neighborhood Association
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
NO HONKING IN A RESIDENTIAL NEIGHBORHOOD!

Hi!

I live on Ledgewood Drive, where too many inconsiderate drivers race through the street day and night, often honking the horn with no reason except to "signal" cars coming down the hill that they were there first...

My frustration with this is reaching a high point, especially when I observe city trucks, or other repeat offenders in beat-up vehicles honk the horn four or five times daily, starting at 6:30 in the morning!!! The sheer sound of the horn would be enough to wake anybody up (and in a lovely mood), but the fact that this happens in a canyon means that the same sound echoes - irritating countless other residents - and waking up their babies, throughout the neighborhood.

I've so far been unable to confront these frequent offenders. I have looked up excerpts from the Los Angeles noise ordinance, but since its enforcement doesn't appear to be a priority for the city, I have gotten nowhere fast. Out of desperation I've even tried downloading "no honking" signs from the Internet to post on the street, but I can't seem to find anything effective. At the same time I'm afraid that such signs might cause the exact opposite effect, with drivers honking just to irritate those residents who speak up.

As residents of a once peaceful community, what are your suggestions?

Thank you for your help.

Re: NO HONKING IN A RESIDENTIAL NEIGHBORHOOD!

Couldn't agree with you more, Alex!
It's Sunday afternoon and I've decided to go out just because all the honking on Ledgewood is driving me insane!!!! And I don't even live on Ledgewood: I'm on Rodgerton, the street above!
I think the neighborhood should gather in your front yard one of these days and throw bags of s*%#$ at the passing cars... I'll happily join!

PS: some of your immediate neighbors are real jerks, by the way! Dale in his Mini being one of the worst behind the wheel!!!