Return to Website

Beachwood Canyon Neighborhood Association

This Forum is about You and Your Neighborhood. Here's the place to express your thoughts, ideas and concerns about our beautiful Beachwood Canyon.

Beachwood Canyon Neighborhood Association
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Neighborhood Crime Alert!

Neighborhood Watch Alert

Today a little innocent-looking girl was walking through our neighborhood streets with a cell phone communicating to someone about our properties. Sounds crazy, I know. When I saw her on my property I wondered why she was peering down into my back patio and talking into a cell phone. Then I got a call tonight from my dog walker. She asked me if I’d seen this gal. My walker said that, around 8:45 a.m. she saw this little girl and her cell phone at the end of my driveway looking down into it. She saw the girl again at around 2 p.m. when my walker was walking my other dog. This time the girl was talking rather directly to someone on her cell phone giving specific directions. The girl was in a drive way on Beachwood near the Market and left quickly when she saw the dog walker.

Later around 4 p.m. my dog walker saw the girl up on Verbena doing the same close looking at the driveways and as soon as she saw my dog walker, she turned and walked away in the other direction quite quickly!

Description:

She is around 13 years old and she was wearing real bright clothes. Her top was pink and white and she was wearing pink, orange and white sweat pants. She is blonde-ish with blue eyes and very Caucasian but no freckles. She was not carrying a purse, backpack, carrying water or any other items; just a cell phone, which she holds around her chin like a walkie-talkie or chirper. At first glance, she looks like she’s sipping a drink.

Since she was through our hood so closely all day today (don’t kids go to school any more?), please be aware of your property tonight and take extra steps to lock up. Perhaps this is nothing – I can only hope – but there’s no harm in being extra cautious tonight.

If you see her tomorrow, perhaps you can ask where she lives or at least listen to her conversations. Don’t let her on your property. She is walking right up to the homes even on the porches…

Fran