Return to Website

Beachwood Canyon Neighborhood Association

This Forum is about You and Your Neighborhood. Here's the place to express your thoughts, ideas and concerns about our beautiful Beachwood Canyon.

Beachwood Canyon Neighborhood Association
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Too many drunk drivers in the Hills

Definitely report this to the police! The same thing happened to my car last year, parked on Beachwood, in daytime - it was hit and run but a telephone lineman working high up a pole took down the license # and left it on my car, so the police were able to track the person down. They had to pay the repair costs in addition to being cited for hit and run. We get a lot of non-resident drive-arounders and occasional 'cruisers' looking to cause trouble. Your idea to park out of the way is good, around here we have to park defensively if we don't have garage space.

Re: Re: Too many drunk drivers in the Hills

well i only noticed this site now and a year on from the original e mail i have to add
a few months ago i was awoken at mid-night on a thursday to the loud crashing sound of i thought someone had crashed into my garage but no,
after going outside ot inspect,
someone had driven over 3 wheelie rubbish refuse bins, 2 of my neighbors and pushed them all the way up , along with our one we had out that night for collection on the friday, to at least 20 feet up the road to nearly my neighbors the other side of the street.
there was rubbish everywhere and one blue bin was completely ripped in half. the black bin was deposited in my garden...........what a mess and no, nobody stopped.
must of been drunk or the other thing, driving way too fast on such a narrow road.

Re: Too many drunk drivers in the Hills

I too experienced the same thing about 2 years ago. It was about 10:00 PM and I had just pulled up to park my truck on the side street. This was a small dead end street that turns off of Primrose. I noticed when I was parking between these 2 cars, the white car in front of me with Iowa tags had its engine & lights on, but wasn't moving. There were no cars parked in front of that one, considering it was the first space next to a driveway. Well I park anyway, seeing this person wasn't going to budge an inch with scooting up a little bit. So I successfully park between that car and another car with no problem.

I start walk to the house and hear some kind of a noise. I then keep walking a little more when I see that white car with Iowa tags driving towards me. Once it gets to the intersection of Primrose, the girl in the car see's me and instead of doing the typical left turn to go down to Ivarene and then Vine, she turns right and goes up the steep incline on Primrose towards Scenic Avenue. I then wait around and see her car turn around at the top and drive back down Primose.
She must have thought, I was stupid didn't know what she was up to. I then went to my truck and as expected, the drivers side front headlight area had been caved in. I was so mad.

This person with white car and Iowa plates did not bother to leave a not and did park there until October. She must dumb thinking I would forget such a thing.