Those Darn Accordions Message Board

Welcome to the new TDA board! If you want to return to the official TDA website at any time, just click "Return to Website."

Those Darn Accordions Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Fitzgerald's

Craig,

You missed a great show. Maybe the best of TDA's summer tour.

FitzGeralds is a great live venue. Just the right size. Small enough to get close to the action, but big enough for a enthusiastic crowd. If you ever go to FitzGeralds, be sure to check out the resturant next door. Great food, huge portions. The drive down from Milwaukee was brutal (how do Chicago people put up with this traffic???) but it was well worth the trip.

Earlier this summer TDA played High Noon Saloon in Madison Wisconsin and put on a equally great show. I this, I think, is the perfect venue for TDA: small clubs with a top end PA system and a crowd with a party attitude. Hopefully Paul can book more shows like these in future TDA tours.

The FitzGeralds show also featured the retun of Bill Schwartz behind the drum kit after a brief maternity leave (proud new father of twins!). Paul was in fine form, providing his usual (or unusual) observations of the TDA universe. And where does Carrie come up with those outfits? Hubba, hubba, hubba!

Unfortunetly I wasn't able to make it to the Decatur festival the next day, so the Fitz show will have to hold me until next summer. Maybe I can save up enough nickels and dimes to fly out for one of the upcoming west coast shows.

Heck, maybe I'll just quit my job and follow TDA full time. I could work as the band merch-pimp/roadie, carry Suzanne's accordion case, sleep in the van. Whatya say Paul? ;-)

Cheers!

*Bill in Milwaukee

Seen on a t-shirt at Milwaukee's Summerfest: "Milwaukee: a great drinking town with a bad music problem."