Those Darn Accordions Message Board

Welcome to the new TDA board! If you want to return to the official TDA website at any time, just click "Return to Website."

Those Darn Accordions Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
what melody is it?

Forgive me if I'm probing into the TDA "For Eyes Only" top-secret file, but I've got a question I've been puzzling over for some time. On the CD "Squeeze This," on the cover of "Devil Went Down to Georgia," when it's time for the devil to play his piece on the accordion (right after the lyrics "Then a band of demons joined in and it sounded something like this"), the melody that is then played doesn't really match that which is on the original Charlie Daniels band piece.

However, the melody that *is* played sounds awfully familiar. I've been trying to recall what it is for about a year now. I have this thought that it might be some theme from out of the disco era, but I could be very wrong about that. If it's not a top secret, may I ask what it is? I have this feeling that there's a joke going on and I'm missing out on it.

Thanks

-Sam Grey

Re: what melody is it?

Sam, That piece in Devil was improvised by former TDA member Ron Borelli. I'm pretty sure he just made it up on the spot. I just told him to play something bizarre and, you know, devilish. I'll ask him the next time I see him.

Paul

Re: Re: what melody is it?

Thanks, Paul! I appreciate it, if you happen to remember. It sounds *so* familiar, but . . . .

-sam grey