Those Darn Accordions Message Board

Welcome to the new TDA board! If you want to return to the official TDA website at any time, just click "Return to Website."

Those Darn Accordions Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: when the dog bites, when the bee stings

Sam, Thanks for the amazingly detailed observations! I love the fact that you are picking up on little hidden nuances that I never thought anyone would decipher. You are however, In danger of TDA OVERLOAD . You are hereby ordered to put your TDA CDs away for a week and listen to the Rolling Stones "Exile on Main Street" 20 times! Cheers,

Paul

Re: Re: Re: when the dog bites, when the bee stings

The part I like best is during TDA's live gigs when Paul starts to play Clownhead. His eyes dilate, a little twitch starts at the corner of his mouth, the amp starts to hum a little louder... and everyone else in the band takes a couple of subtle steps away from him on the stage.

Or at least that's the way I saw it.

*Bill In Milwaukee

PS; Sam's right about the cymbal crash in "Hung Over In Clover." It's one of those little touches that make the tune.

Re: Re: Re: Re: when the dog bites, when the bee stings

what else is cool about that part of "Hungover In Clover," aside from the cymbal crash, is the way Paul leads into the main lyrics/vocals. It starts out "Everybody's got a summertime song . . . Here's one of our own." And then immediately, grace-note-like or whatever, you've got that triplet "It was a" and then the word "hot" comes in on the beat, along with the cymbal. I don't know enough about music to know if this is difficult to sing or not, but it sure screws with my head when I try to sing the song to myself in the car or something, because my brain wants to take the more conventional route of making "it" in "it was a" fall on the first beat of the next measure, instead of leading up to it.

Re: Re: Re: when the dog bites, when the bee stings

yessir!