Those Darn Accordions Message Board

Welcome to the new TDA board! If you want to return to the official TDA website at any time, just click "Return to Website."

Those Darn Accordions Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Effects

For distortion I use the dirty channel of my Tubeworks Amp cranked as loud I can without the feedback getting too out of control. On "Frank" I also used alot of delay for the section after the first solo. I also have a Metal Zone stomp box and a Dr. Jekyl that I used in a few spots and of course, the Wah Wah. That's about it. I prefer to use the distortion from a speaker rather than a stomp box. It's a little warmer and that is the great challenge when your trying to play an accordion like a guitar...warmth and volume. You are always right on the edge of going ballistic and creating a shrieking, unbelievably annoying sound that is guaranteed to clear a room in seconds. Sometimes that comes in handy, but I usually try to avoid that.
PS It also helps to duct tape the inside of the grill. This cuts back on the feedback. I also use a Boss volume gate that cuts off the mics when I'm not playing. This allows me to get about 30% louder on stage. So, crank it up and have at it.

Paul