Return to Website

Memories of Bristol England Forum

If you have a question or know the answer to a question listed in this forum, please post it. Thank you! 

This is an easy to use messaging forum for everyone researching their family history or local history. The focus is on the Bristol area. Local Historians and Family Historians have a great deal of knowledge to share. This service is entirely free, with the hope that you and the historian and genealogy community as a whole will benefit from it.

Leave your messages here and come back later for the response.

Memories of Bristol England Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Longwell Green

I have just been through your Longwell Green selection of photos I would love to know where you get your information from!! I have been researching the istory of the Parish of Bitton for 40 years. I have traced the history of The Wheatsheaf Inn back to at least 1840. I have found no evidence of Ernest Pomeroy being the landlord of the Crown Inn before opening his shop. I have trace the history of the Crown back to 1850, possibly it goes back further. I have found no evidence of the Butcher's Arms having been a slaughterhouse. It was in existence prior to 1843 and possibly goes back to the 18th century. I am at present preparing a history of Longwell Green which I hope I shall be publishing in the next two or three years. I have already published the history of All Saints church.