Return to Website

Memories of Bristol England Forum

If you have a question or know the answer to a question listed in this forum, please post it. Thank you! 

This is an easy to use messaging forum for everyone researching their family history or local history. The focus is on the Bristol area. Local Historians and Family Historians have a great deal of knowledge to share. This service is entirely free, with the hope that you and the historian and genealogy community as a whole will benefit from it.

Leave your messages here and come back later for the response.

Memories of Bristol England Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Gert Lush Albums

Hi Paul.

Am I missing something or have the albums disappeared? I see most of the image sections now redirect to your Flickr site?

I was looking for those albums 1-48 & 49-77 (ish). The ones with Laurel & Hardy, and sets of districts. Are they still here? Or has all been redirected to Flickr?

Sincerely

Scott

Re: Gert Lush Albums

All my archive Bristol photographs are now on my Flickr photos account. At the last count there were over 4,000. You can search the database all photos are tagged with key words. All images are free to view. The Laurel & Hardy image is Dump Harris from Barton Hill. 1930s

A memorable picture of Dump Harris from Barton Hill a famous Bristol comedian of his time and an acclaimed Oliver Hardy imitator. When Laurel and Hardy came to Bristol. Dump and his partner Freddy Godfrey were in the crowd to meet them, dressed as their heroes. The crowd loved it but Laurel and Hardy weren’t amused. (After the show they refused to be photographed next to Dump?)

see link below

http://www.flickr.com/photos/brizzlebornandbred/2054853216/