Return to Website

Memories of Bristol England Forum

If you have a question or know the answer to a question listed in this forum, please post it. Thank you! 

This is an easy to use messaging forum for everyone researching their family history or local history. The focus is on the Bristol area. Local Historians and Family Historians have a great deal of knowledge to share. This service is entirely free, with the hope that you and the historian and genealogy community as a whole will benefit from it.

Leave your messages here and come back later for the response.

Memories of Bristol England Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
help with a family tree

Hi there, I am looking for anyone who knew or can remember the murder of Christine Letton (maybe a different surname).She was murdered around 76 or 77 in the summer. She left behind a daughter called Maria who was around 2 years old at the time. Christine's body was found in Bristol Docks with rope tied around her wrists and she was only half dressed. As far as I know she went to buy a packet of ciggy's from Stokes Croft area, there is a pub by the arches and she bought her ciggys from there. She was seen to get into or pushed into a black car. She was pronounced missing at first. Then they found her. A greek ship that had docked was not allowed to leave the harbour as they thought her killer maybe on there. I am her second cousin and my aunty and I are trying to do our family tree. Can anyone remember or did anyone now her. I know its a long shot but please if you can it would be a great help. She lived in a flat in Redland. Thanks so much.

Cathryn Henson
Born and bred Bristolian (and gert proud of it too)!!!!