Return to Website

Memories of Bristol England Forum

If you have a question or know the answer to a question listed in this forum, please post it. Thank you! 

This is an easy to use messaging forum for everyone researching their family history or local history. The focus is on the Bristol area. Local Historians and Family Historians have a great deal of knowledge to share. This service is entirely free, with the hope that you and the historian and genealogy community as a whole will benefit from it.

Leave your messages here and come back later for the response.

Memories of Bristol England Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
bristol names of maggs and cave

I am doing the history oon my mjums side of m y family who came from the fishponds, easton, greenbank and upper eastville areas. the surnames were CAVE and MAGGS they lived in Queen Street, nr Royate Hill,upper eastville, bristol5, and devon road, rose green road, and also my great great grandmother her maiden name was Jane Tucker and she came from Bedminster Bristol. my grandfathers name was thomas Maggs.he came fishponds, bristol they married in bedminster married before 1885, I cant seem to find out what happened to jane maggs (nee tucker) her and thomas maggs either separated or divorced she lived in the easton area, dont know when they both died, I know great granda maggs was alive in 1922 and she was in her eighties dont know for sure where she is buried nor thomas maggs.

also looking for my grandfathers mother SARAH (CAVE - maiden name was SHEARN)originally from bath, somerset, she later remarried in 1900 to a GEORGE FRANCIS WISH. she went to live in the greenbank, easton areA. DONT KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO HER?

and also my grandfathers father, JOHN CAVE of Bath, somerset,
dont know what happened to him after him and sarah divorced, dont know if he stayeds in bristol or wewnt back bath to live anyone out there who could help me, have some info but not enough of what happened to them all.

thanks