Return to Website

Alvin Lee Message & Discussion Board

We invite you to use this forum to communicate with Alvin's fans around the world, but please do so with respect and goodwill.
We reserve the right to delete any messages we deem offensive.

Guestbook

Forum: Alvin Lee Message & Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Rockin' Her Majesty

Beatles always sucked..biggest POP band ever...so overrated..

Email  

No, they were great. Their music still rules!

Email  

LOL! Uh-huh. Overrated. Sure. "Eleanor Rigby" and "You Can't Do That", just "pop" songs. NOT. For brilliantly exciting melodies, distinctive singing voices, and sheer charisma, they couldn't be beat, the Beatles. However, to each his or her own, for sure. Are you one of those people who disdains music with melodies? ;-)

Quote: John
Beatles always sucked..biggest POP band ever...so overrated..

Email  

While my guitar gently weeps..

I guess if you're a Beatle you can be conceited and you have to admit Sir Paul's melodic approach to bass playing revolutionized the instrument. He should hang with Neil more often.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6SSR3YY-rc

Email  

Yes, Jeremy, I believe I shall read the "Keef" memoirs... I love bios and autobios, and he probably has some great stories to tell. Real life is oft stranger-- and more fun-- than fiction!

Quote: Jeremy Jackson
Actually missed the show. Want to know more about Keef...Read the his memoirs...My Life

http://www.amazon.com/Life-Keith-Richards/dp/031603438X

It's Great Fun

Email  

I seem to recall Alvin played this at a memorial concert for George... :-(

Quote: Borje
While my guitar gently weeps..

Email  

Ha, Tony, I think whether Her Majesty would appreciate "Let's Spend the Night Together" will most likely ALWAYS remain to be seen! By the likes of us, anyway. ;-)

Quote: Tony McKiernan
Sir Mick and The Stones were asked several times during the planning stages, but refused. Rumour has it that Sir Mick would have exceeded his 90 day allowance in the UK.
(He pays no UK tax.)
Whether Her Majesty would have appreciated "Let's spend the night together" remains to be seen!
And where was GFR?

Email  

Hmm... I think it would be kinda hard to be PMcC and *not* be conceited, all things considered. Oh well. He's entitled to his place in musical history, at least. Woke up (or should I say GOT woken up, by Mr. Meowmeister, my black cat Lucky, adorably wanting b'fast at 5am) with Sir Elton's "This is Your Song", or "Your Song", or whatever the official title is, going through my head. OK, I admit, it's the exception to my not liking any of his songs. Sir Elton's, I mean, not Mr. Lucky's. ;-)

Quote: Brian
I guess if you're a Beatle you can be conceited and you have to admit Sir Paul's melodic approach to bass playing revolutionized the instrument. He should hang with Neil more often.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6SSR3YY-rc

Email  

Oh I didn't watch the pagentry.
But I did catch some clips of the event.
I especially liked the floating yellow school buses on The Thames River.

Peace,
DLM

Hahaha!! :-) Whatever DID become of our tragical hystery tour, anyway?? Did I miss notice of an extended postponement?? Last I knew, the tour was coming up on a certain weekend, and a few of us were huddled in the bus stop shelter singing "99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"! ;-)

Quote: DLM3201
Oh I didn't watch the pagentry.
But I did catch some clips of the event.
I especially liked the floating yellow school buses on The Thames River.

Peace,
DLM

Email  

Laurie, read Ron Wood memoirs too quite some fun. On Amazon you can get it used for 3 miserable cents!!!
(Wonder how the book looks like then!)

http://www.amazon.com/Ronnie-The-Autobiography-Wood/dp/0312366523

OK, Jeremy, I'll keep that in mind too. :-) The ridiculously low price probably just means they have quite a lot of used copies, which aren't necessarily in bad shape at all. (I used to work in bookstores in my lost wild youth.) ;-)

Laurie, read Ron Wood memoirs too quite some fun. On Amazon you can get it used for 3 miserable cents!!!
(Wonder how the book looks like then!)

http://www.amazon.com/Ronnie-The-Autobiography-Wood/dp/0312366523

Email  

Quote: Laurie
Yeah, I wondered that myself!? Saw the Mickster on "Saturday Night Live" a few weeks ago, though, hosting and appearing in most of the skits, and he was absolutely hilarious!! His delivery was great, and he was clearly enjoying himself. Who knew he could be so, well, charming? I sure didn't. I've always liked the Stones musically, but not personally, until Keith Richards played Captain Jack Sparrow's dear old scalliwag daddio in the 4th "Pirates" movie. I decided ole "Keef" was all right, after all. And now this! I actually like Mick Jagger, after all these years! Who'd 'a' thunk it? Scary for days, innit? ;-)
We had Sir Elton, Sir Macca... but where was SIR MICK?

Laurie...We recorded that show and have watched it a couple times since it aired...I loved it too...Mick as a straight laced nerd is hilarious...I can't stand Arcade Fire's music, but thought they did OK backing him when actually playing some real rock and roll...I liked the Foo Fighters backing him, as well as his song with Jeff Beck...They worked Mick harder than any host ever has...

Hi, Glenn! :-) I recorded the Mick SNL show too, and plan to watch it again also. Mick as a nerd (albeit with a huge twinkle in his eye) in several sketches was indeed too hysterical. I especially enjoyed him as a shy, prissy, whiny-voiced wallflower out clubbing with friends, as he sat and watched several others get up and do comical send-ups of his real-life trademark stage moves to a Stones song. Tee hee. How'd he keep from cracking up? Just barely, I'm sure, but he has a natural actor's ability to cover and continue. Another stand-out was the soap opera sketch spoofing Valley Californians and their accents and supposed blase' affectations, in which Mick and several others, including black cast member Kenan Whoozit (Thompson?), all appeared as spacy blonds. Giggle. After years of thinking I didn't like him (outside of enjoying Stones songs), I really got a kick outta Mick's joie de vivre and obviously genuine big smile. I think he's gotta be clean and sober-- he looks too healthy for the alternative. He's still skinny as a stick and jumps around when he sings like he always did. Now THAT'S the way to push 70, if he's not there or beyond already!! Good show, Sir Mick!! :-)

Quote: Glenn
Laurie...We recorded that show and have watched it a couple times since it aired...I loved it too...Mick as a straight laced nerd is hilarious...I can't stand Arcade Fire's music, but thought they did OK backing him when actually playing some real rock and roll...I liked the Foo Fighters backing him, as well as his song with Jeff Beck...They worked Mick harder than any host ever has...

Email