Return to Website

Alvin Lee Message & Discussion Board

We invite you to use this forum to communicate with Alvin's fans around the world, but please do so with respect and goodwill.
We reserve the right to delete any messages we deem offensive.

Guestbook

Index > General Discussion > Alvin Lee Message & Discussion Board > Re: TONI, ROBIN, LAURIE... IF YOU THINK JANIS & GRACE WERE GREAT CHECK THIS SINGER OUT!
Forum: Alvin Lee Message & Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: TONI, ROBIN, LAURIE... IF YOU THINK JANIS & GRACE WERE GREAT CHECK THIS SINGER OUT!

LISTEN TO THE LAST ONE FIRST, IT'S A VIDEO. I KNOW SHE'S NOT YOUR STYLE, BUT LISTEN TO THE SINGING, SCREAMING SHE CAN DO!!!! TONI HAS ALREADY DISSED HER, ANYBODY ELSE????

Email  
Re: TONI, ROBIN, LAURIE... IF YOU THINK JANIS & GRACE WERE GREAT CHECK THIS SINGER OUT!

Okay, I dutifully listened to the last one and yes, she has a terrific voice - when I was able to focus on it. Sometimes, it's easy to separate the talent from the music; sometimes it's not.

THIS JUST IN TONI UN-DISSES SINGER!!!
yes, Dear Leader has spoken. Says she has a terrific voice Domminique Persi is vindicated! Now upload songs!

Email  
Re: ROBIN,LAURIE .... PLEASE,LISTEN!

Try the last link first, it's their official video.I value another singer and another lover of music to check this out. Please, it would make me happy. Good or bad, don't care. Just want an opinion.

Email  

I definitely plan to listen , Dave. I need to be in a receptive mood when I hear something new to me so I am waiting for the right time. I will listen tonight. My opinion will be uneducated because the only other rock female I lam familiar with besides Janis and Geace is Patti Smith.

Email  

Well Robin , in the video, as well as on the album, she plays the accordion. She's a very petite girl, who's learned what she was taught in vocal school. Different sounds come from different parts of the throat, mouth, diagphram, and larynx. Don't know if their band makes it, but she will! I can't believe someone would let this talented lass pass.

Regards,

Dave. A.K.A. " little freak"

Email  

Cool! Now, if we can conjure up the one with the singing career....(little freak sez), Oh Laaauuuurrriiiieeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For best results: Play the last song first. It's their official video. Then I would do no.s 3,1,4,2. Happy listening, o' Witch Of The Website!!!!!

P.S. ( can I be big freak now?).

Email  

Hi Dave, are you having a wild and crazy Sunday night?

I only listened to some of your girl because YouTube is acting up on my iPhone but from what I have seen so far this woman is interesting, indeed. On "spill" she reminds me of a female Phil Anselmo, but Phil was never that smooth. She is a beauty and has a lovely voice. I am definitely going to listen to more of her when I return home. I liked her very much on "tablescrap".

Did you find my post yet telling you that I meant mustaine was the freak, not you?

No more Stoli for you tonight, Amigo!

Email  

I don't drink alcohol w/exception of beer. (1-2). My Father is a recovered alcoholic, I watched him "recover" to his death while playing guitar on a small bar in Bell, CA. (Ask Toni what a s-hole Bell Ca. Is). Don't smoke (anything), as my older family members are dropping like flies to COPD. A very nasty way to die. No, dear Robin, what I do is take "artistic license" Got a B.A. From L.B. State in English Lit., a Second in Latin .

Dave

P.S. Hopelessly addicted to Dr. Pepper..... Why, I don't know!

P.P.S. If you want some sick Mustaine stories, e-mail me!

Email  

Hi Dave, sorry I misunderstood. I am in recovery myself, 10 years clean and sober. Lost both my parents to cigarettes, but in my case I was finally free when they were no longer on this planet.

Latin! So cool , so you can understand my favorite old Roman poets? I, of course, have only read them in English translations.

Sorry about the little freak misunderstanding. I only noticed that you are also Dave M when that message was zooming through cyberspace.

Email  

It's fine! Our parents didn't know what we learned until we learned it! YOUR GOVERNMENT IS LYING!!!! Cigarettes should be a schedule 1 narcotic! No, Vicodin, my friend, in moderation, you're still a sch.1, too! Alcohol , that's tough. I've known guys for years, no problem 3-4 drinks, cool. Now, they brew their own beer, they seem to think if they say "I'm an alcoholic " at a gig, then get fit-chased (play on words, no foul), they think it's fine.

Dave

P.S. Robin and Dave, two very strange insomniacs!

Email  

Amo, amas, amat, amamus, amatis, amant. Ah, the old romantic languages, Dave!

Email  

Big deal! I get to be able to read a summons, and a prescription!

Email